30 November 2013

MY ESSENTIAL A/W ACCESSORIES

For me, Autumn/Winter is the season of accessories. We get wrapped up in layer upon layer, to the point that it has to be the little details that do the talking.. during winter half of the time my layer under my coat doesn't even get seen!
It is a random bunch, but I wanted to include a few traditional necessities & some not so obvious ones..

1. Lots of Chunky Jewellery 
(La Moda, SheInside, Vintage, Blog Shop)
My main way of avoiding feeling dull in all the dark colours over A/W is adding something chunky jewellery wise. The four here are all ones I'd pop over a turtle neck or with a faux fur collar. I don't know, I guess they just stop everything being a bit too boring?! It's so easy to just forget about wearing pretty things when it's cold, I'd much rather focus on being warm.. But a glitzy necklace is just a little way of letting the chilly season know it hasn't beaten you. I WILL BE DRESSING PRETTY IN THE COLD. Ha.

2. Sunglasses
(Primark)
I'm sure that anyone who drives will understand this one. The sun is basically eye level & I'll spend the next few months squinting, doing my best to not mow down small children or the elderly. A good pair of sunnies are an essential, plus I can get away with wearing less makeup.. Always a plus!
3. Faux Fur
(Zara)
Faux fur will always be a winter staple. It just makes you feel cosy, but kind of glamorous at the same time. This Zara scarf is my favourite purchase of the season so far. It's SO soft.

4. A Large Bag
(Primark)
So, I'm carting around all these extra layers, then I go into a shop & I'm about to melt. Hence, the large bag to throw extra layers in. Mine has recently acquired two pairs of gloves, extra tights (just in case!) & a range of beanies.

5. Beanies
(H&M, Topshop)
My all time fave. I'm such a hat girl, and during A/W there is rarely a day when I don't have a beanie on my head. They're practical & there's so many different styles out there.. I'm lusting after this sparkly one from River Island at the moment. Isn't it girly beyond belief?!

P.S. The jewellery hanger in the first picture is missing paint, not dusty.. my ma would go ape if she thought I'd let you all assume we'd been slacking on the feather duster action! Ha.

x
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Very helpful. love that bag so much x

    http://floral-infinity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always look forward to your posts - and your Mum sounds like such a cutie!

    Georgina at itotallypaused.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that beanie with the polka dot mesh

    http://racheldavis-thestylesparrow.blogspot.co.uk
    x
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the zara faux fur! need it in my life! great idea for a post, might have to do one myself! x

    http://whaticallbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the zara faux fur, need it in my life! great idea for a post, might have to do one myself :) x

    http://whaticallbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGG love that beanie with the lace, very nice selection!

    www.JenniferNoir.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been missing my beanies now that it's summer in Australia

    Jess x
    http://aroseandapeony.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig