20 September 2014

BLOGGING FAVOURITES

I get quite a few general questions on blogging, so I thought this kind of thing might be useful to some of you. Plus, I love reading this kind of thing on other blogs.. I guess I like the nosey side of it, a bit of a 'behind the scenes' sort of thing. Anyhoo, I'm by no means clued up when it comes to blogging (I've had my DSLR for well over a year and I'm still pretty useless with it), but these are the bits & bobs that help me out. 

External Hard Drive
A must. For me, 40000 pictures on my computer isn't that much. My laptop doesn't agree. It's not the most glamorous of blogging essentials, but having somewhere to put all your pictures is handy if you want to stay on good terms with your computer. Plus, I do envisage that in my 70s, I'll find all these storage devices and be able to look back on my 'heyday'.. when grandma was less wrinkly and grey. Ha.

Canon 1.8 50mm Lens
This is the lens I use for all my outdoorsy shots. It's probably not the best for what I need (you have to position your camera miles away to get in shot), but it's the cheapest to get a bit of that blurry background thing going on. 

 Filofax
Girl gotta be organised. I'm not, not at all, but I try. Having an organiser does work a little bit.. I write plenty of lists and notes relating to blogging, they're just not quite as neat as I'd like them to be. Having said that, I do lug my Filofax around a lot. Good intentions. 

DSLR Remote
My biggest blog pictures essential. I once used to manage focusing my camera on the bird table, that was until I realised you could get these things for around £15 on eBay. 90% of my blog pictures are done by myself, with my tripod and this remote. I'm way too awkward with people taking my picture, so I can snap away on this without it all being a big cringe fest. 

 Samsung S3
I've since upgraded to the S5, but I am indeed a blogger that doesn't own an iPhone. Shock horror! I've nothing against iPhones, I just like the fancy pants camera you get with Samsung. It makes my Instagram obsessed life a little easier. 

x
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I'm in dire need of a DSLR remote! I have the Cannon 1100D and I've been searching the net but none seem to be compatible :( It's just far too awkward hitting the 10 second timer and running into position. Especially with high heels on!

    Emma | The Fashion Six

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same camera and the same problem finding a remote! Have you found one yet?!

      Delete
  2. I've just invested in a camera remote but really need to get myself a decent tripod!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only blogger that didn't have an iPhone as I have the S3 too! Was debating getting an iphone or samsung s5 on my upgrade but think Ill stick with samsung ;)

    I love the colour of your filofax too, mine is purple and I haven't used it yet due to getting a diary for my christmas!

    Belinda Louise UK Personal Style Blogger | Fashion Crossing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post! ♥

    www.annie97x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour of your Filofax is so stunning. I definitely agree on the hard drive front, super boring but super essential.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. External Hard drive is such a life saver !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for giving us a little insight!! Great tips! :) xx

    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your filofax notebook! And i recently upgraded from a s3 to an iPhone 5s. Must say I do miss the samsung camera! haha xx

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading posts like this on blogs too as I'm a huuuge blog reader but yours have something more here: it was funny all the way and you talked about things others don't so thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post and I've found it so useful, especially the part about the external hard drive! I have a Samsung too, so much better than an Iphone!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!!

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love posts like this one!

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. great tips girl ! :)

    Love from France, Victoria

    http://godsaveourdressing.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these kind of posts! I'd love to see more x

    www.blondecanvas.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very helpful post :)

    I definitely need to invest a remote for my camera. And the hard drive sounds so handy! I'm currently using about 20 data sticks to store pictures and I love your idea of looking back on them in your 70s! xx

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  16. really need myself a filofax
    http://dressedbys.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are sooo right I needs me a camera remote asap haha! I currently have to use the self timer on my camera (it's definitely good exercise haha) as I'm way too shy to ask someone to help me to take pictures for my blog! Unfortunately, I don't have many friends that really understand fashion blogging!! Great post!!!

    TheLonnyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tips, I am such an unorganised blogger, however I am trying to get better.
    I think I really need to invest in a camera remote as it would make photo taking much easier.

    Kelly x
    Kelly's Journal

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can I ask what camera you use? I'm shopping around for a better blogging one! (plus its great with your youtube videos, and I need the same for my actor self tape auditions) Like you I'm a Samsung girl but only for instagram, think I need to upgrade for better quality blog images but am stuck with all the choice! xx

    stylepetal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am also a blogger without an iphone and I don't mind at all! Some great tips, I'm also awkward having other people take my pictures so a remote and tripod may need to be my next purchases!
    http://beckieione.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sooooo helpful! Going to get myself an external hard drive right now! Also, a notebook/agenda/organizer is something I carry around everywhere and is basically my holy grail life essential!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My other half got me an external hard drive that I am still trying to get my head around! It will happen one day and my computer will be a lot happier i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig