22 March 2015

THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH OF BLOGGING


I thought I'd do this post as it's all been pretty relevant to me over the last few months. Around Christmas time, I’d decided I was done with blogging. Yep, I was probably being a tad dramatic, but over the culmination of a good few months I'd decided I no longer liked it and really hated the content I was coming up with. I know, possibly sounding like I'm expecting tiny violins to start playing.

It was a real jumble of factors as to why I wasn't loving it.. from feeling like I didn’t have the time to do it how I wanted, to the constant over analysing of my appearance and myself as a person. Anyhoo.. I had a breather, had my little strop and eventually moved on to start getting some ‘blogging lurrrve’ back. While I’m still working on it, I feel like my opinion has somewhat altered and we’re back to me & blogging being friends. If you’re having that ‘off’ stage with blogging, these are a few ways I think can help get you back on track.

Take a break.

The world won’t stop turning if you miss a couple of posts. I got so into my once-every-other-day schedule that I felt like I couldn’t have a break and just think about what it is that I’m actually doing. The internet is a funny old world and sometimes I just need a bit of time away from it. While I never really disappeared from blogging, I had a few weeks of done in advance posts so that I could also have some time to think what I wanted to do next.

Get re-inspired

I find it’s easy to get so wrapped up in your own little blogging world that you forget to soak up a good bit of inspo. More recently I’ve been obsessed with Tumblr and Pinterest, stalking everything from outfits to photography ideas. Another thing I push myself to do is READ OTHER BLOGS. It’s just one of those last minute things I never have time for, but it’s always nice to get some inspo back from all those blogging babes.

Plan

My biggest problem is usually planning.. Mainly because I plan without actually ‘planning’. In the past I’ve churned out a few scheduled blog posts, but was mostly done it without a purpose, just for the sake of keeping it up. These days I try to make jotting down ideas a continuous thing - always updating a memo on my phone or adding bits to my diary. I think about what I like to read, what I like to write and then try to smudge that all together.

Take another direction

I think my blog has changed a bit recently.. It hasn’t been a conscious effort, but in three years of blogging my interests have understandably altered. I still love the fashion-y bits, but I also like to read the daft chatty stuff, lifestyle posts and about all things girly. Change isn’t always a bad thing, and I love that I now write about what I want to write about.. Not just the stuff that's expected.

Think about if it’s what you want to be doing

I thought about this one for ages.. Had me and the internet world just fallen out for good? In the end I decided we were just going through a rough patch, but there’s nothing wrong in deciding it’s no longer right for you. I’ve been blogging for a few years now and can I definitely say this will be something I’ll be doing when I’m old and wrinkly? Nope. While I’m happy to get back into my blog, I’ve reminded myself that if it’s no longer right for me then it’s not a crime to say so. It’s always something you can come back to if and when you feel the time is right.

Aaaand that’s how I got back to no longer feeling all mehhh about blogging. Please tell me I’m not the only one that’s had the blogging ‘dip'?!

x

SHARE:

38 comments

  1. I always take a little break if I feel like I've had enough and every time it makes me realize how much a miss it which makes me want to start again!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the same for a month or two now, I've sort of fell out of love with blogging but I'm determined to keep at it. I'm really glad you made this post, it's super helpful and I've bookmarked it for future reference!

    Kate x
    www.theoriestosuitfacts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one! I lose the love with blogging mainly because of time and over analysing my posts! (Such a girl thing!) glad you're back!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timely post... I haven't been interested in blogging for the past week or so.

    INSIDEsai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great tips, I think everyone needs a little break from blogging once in a while!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can definitely relate to this! I think all bloggers have dips no matter how long or short we have been doing it for. I used to blog waaayy back when, but gave up numerous times when I had no idea what to post or why I was doing it! Then after slowly watching my fave bloggers, developing my style and planning I felt ready to start again! I think I got stuck after Christmas as I was comparing myself to others, thought my photos and layout looked awful! It's all part of developing and learning I think ! Glad you're back in the swing of things! X

    www.stylepetal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only started my blog three months ago so I haven't had 'the dip' yet but its really good to know that established bloggers can still go off it a bit and come back with great new content. so glad your still here!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this post! I've been feeling the same recently so I took a couple of weeks off. The last few posts I've done, I've really enjoyed because I've had a little time away x

    www.blondecanvas.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post so much! Some excellent tips and advice and if I ever do get a bit fed up of blogging I'll definitely look back at this post for advice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post Lydia, a break is always good!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for this post! I'm in a blogging 'dip' myself at the moment... I don't want to give it up but I'm just feeling so inspired and mehhh! x
    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel you :) I've been blogging for over a year now, and sometimes I wonder if there's really a purpose for my blog, because I don't really feel like I'm reaching anyone. I'm quite shy and not good at promoting myself at all, which may be one of the reasons. But I've decided just to keep blogging for myself and to keep track of my personal style/progression :)

    Great post! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your posts! you always give great advices!
    xx Carli

    http://lavidaseguncarli.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally know what you mean about over-analysing appearance and personality, except I'm new to the blogging world so this is something I'm having to get my head around pretty quickly. This is great advice, I definitely have to try to keep a balance of working and finding time to be inspired by new things. Thank you for sharing! x

    www.againstthegrain.london

    ReplyDelete
  15. good post! i can relate a little bit. sometimes i'm just uninspired and don't feel like being bothered with a post. .
    xx lovejoystyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find planning so relaxing, so when I feel like blogging but don't want to write posts this is what I love to do.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am having a bit of a 'blogging dip' at the moment. I find I my problem is I don't really have the time to fully sit down and just blog. I work full time so by the time I get home during the week the last thing I want to do is sit down and write but I enjoy blogging and I don't want to give something up I have only just started. I also dont get time at the weekend because I am usually busy so its hard. But hopefully things will change :) loved this post hun - glad someone feels the same xx

    www.beautybysophiemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm finding all your posts really helpful recently!

    FEELING VAGUE

    ReplyDelete
  19. This post is just what i needed- some great ideas! I really need to get planning too!
    Caroline x
    seekingellejay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can openly say I'm feeling like this over the past few weeks.. College has pretty much taken over and I hate rushing posts :( x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post Lydia! I can definitely relate to how you were feeling... especially in regards to my youtube channel. It's always nice to realise I'm not the only one.
    Glad you got your mojo back! I've been loving your posts from way back and love seeing how far you've come!!
    Take care lovely!xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just came across your blog and I am in love.

    This post is so true and oh so helpful. Thank you for sharing.

    Ashleigh Noble.

    Cape Town, South Africa
    http://www.missanoble.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. i always take little breathers, but then I start to feel guilty that my viewership is going down. its so annoying because I enjoy doing it but other times I feel like I can't keep up with everyone else.


    http://www.thefashionhaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really great post, as always. And definitely know this feeling; sometimes it just feels like you're on a roller-coaster that you can't step off. But I've always found that a week or two off usually does the trick to reinvigorate you. Glad to hear you're getting through the rough patch! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sometimes i do reel like this, when i wear outfits for my blog but don't dare wear those outfits outside of my blog. Now that i have a job where i can wear my oth thing i'm becoming inspired again. It's great to take a blog though and write about different things :)

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is me like once a month. It's not even just a dip for me, it's more like a constant cycle of finding and losing motivation. Hopefully these tips will help me get out of that loop.
    Katie x
    mumtaughtmefashion.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. you are my inspiration , i really love your blog , you guys should check out mine
    https://81closet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I definitely feel you on the change part, I feel like it's time for my blog to take on a slightly different path but I still need to figure out exactly what it is & to get inspired again. Thanks for the tips!

    Ashley
    not haute

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely ! Everything you've said is so true and helpful ! Thanks :)

    Lots of love from France, Victoria
    http://godsaveourdressing.blogspot.fr
    Instagram / Twitter : @victoriamcg06

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can definitely relate, I have only been blogging for 7 months but have had that little dip a couple of times now. I always stay a few blog posts ahead of myself so that if I want to, I can just take a week off.

    www.nicolabhamra.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. great post x

    http://www.annie97x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Display and Presentation of good information, very informative ...

    ReplyDelete
  33. thanks for information, website highly qualified, worthy to be listened to ...

    ReplyDelete
  34. 100% Safe and Authentic Weight Loss Pills
    Buy PhenQ Now

    Naturally melt down the excessive fat without affecting your muscle mass.

    http://www.phenqreview.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig