17 April 2015

FINDING BLUSH AGAIN


MAC Blush in Happy Together, Mocha & Prism, Illamasqua Cream Blush (think this colour may have been discontinued - closest is probably 'Laid')

I say finding blush again due to the fact I probably haven't used the stuff for a good two years. It could be the fear of having the Bridget Jones moment, but I think it's more down to the fact I'd found bronzer. To me, bronzer is blush (I'm aware I'm quite probably a beauty blogger's nightmare).. But I always found a  bronzed up glow a lot easier to wear than flushed cheeks. 

Since forcing myself to get back into makeup (I was definitely stuck in a cosmetics rut) I have discovered that blush isn't this scary, pinky hued thing that is about to give my a flushed Father Christmas esq face. I've been keeping it light and sticking mostly to the more neutral tones as a bit of a safety blanket, but I think blush is my next 'thing'.. Y'know, when you suddenly become obsessed with lipsticks or the perfect highlight and feel like you need to try every possible option. My favourite at the minute is MAC Prism (the less pinky shade without the highlight), mostly because it's a dream with nude lippies. Plus it brings my attempts at contouring a little more 'to life'.. I love bringing out my cheekbones but there is a tendency for me to go a bit Corpse Bride without some colour mixed in there. 


x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I would in the past only wear bronzer but I have over the last year warmed up to blush, I only like nude looking or bronze looking blushes but it does in some cases make all of the difference. x
    Becoming Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been skipping blush for about 4 months, but have recently started getting back into it. I've never skipped contour though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Prism blush looks lovely! I tend to go for more coral blushes but would love to try a more muted pink x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blushes are gorgeous! I love MAC blushes - Peachy Keen is my favourite xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only started wearing blush properly about a year ago - now I wouldn't be without it. I love Mac blushes, my new favourite is 'Pinch Me', a pretty peachy shade. Prism looks like the perfect everyday shade x

    HOW I WEAR | A Manchester Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAC do some amazing blush shades. Mocha is definitely my favourite x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blush is probably one of my favourite beauty items. I have far too many. But barely any from MAC. Mocha and Prism look like fab neutral shades here though.

    Rachel | www.currentlyrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of prism - such a pretty colour!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these blushes, the shades are the perfect shade for colour without going Bridget Jonesy :) <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always use bronzer as a blush too! I alternate between the two, depending on what look I'm going for that day

    mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig