5 July 2015

HAPPIER BLOGGING


I've mentioned before that sometimes I fall out with blogging. Full on sulky style, to the point where I've had enough and I'm ready to take my life off the internet and pack it all in. It doesn't last very long and it is a tad dramatic, but when something takes up a lot of your time and is important to you, it can be easy to get the grouchy pants on about various things. When it comes to happier blogging, these are the main things I think can help with blogging huffs. 

1. Blog when you want to blog

Blogging because you feel like you should is crap. It's like you're forcing it and for me that never turns out great. These days I try not to beat myself up if I haven't had time to blog quite as regular as I'd have liked.. It's okay to miss a day! There's work and life to fit in, as well as blogging stuff. I'd rather get something up that I'm happy with rather than any old rubbish I've churned out. 

2. Spread the blog love

I feel like you get a lot more out of saying something nice to another blogger rather than sitting there with the grumps on 'cause they've just published some amaaazing blog pictures and you're thinking that right now even David Bailey wouldn't make you look good. When people take the time to be nice though I think it's nice to pass the love on. It's always good to make someone feel good.

3. Take time out of the internet

Shock horror.. Life continues beyond the internet. Lol. I'm so into the whole online world that I need to remember to log off, shut down and stop stressing about stuff in the virtual world. I always need to work on just living life, rather than seeing it all through a camera lens and updating Twitter with what I've been up to. Maybe I should brave travelling?! Big question.. Could I manage without wifi?! 

4. Write what you want to write

When I have time, I try to write more of what I really want to. It's not that I don't want to talk about clothes and makeup and all the usual stuff that I go for on here, but it's kind of thing that I always go for. I like writing more silly stuff too, and although it's not my usual post and I'm not always sure if people will be interested, it is after all your blog and your choice when it comes to content.. That's part of the fun of it. 

5. Don't focus on the success

I think when you get too focused on that it's a rocky road to getting peed off when you're not reaching what you want to reach.. There are plenty of bits of advice out there but I don't think there's a fail safe route to blogger 'success'. I'd rather just enjoy it as a lovely little hobby that may or may not lead to a few perks. 

Sooo there we have it. On a whole I am a very happy bloggy person, but we all have highs & lows with it right?!

youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram
x




SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Love this post, blogging definitely has it's high points!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely feel you on all of these, it's a vicious circle this blogging thing!

    Made In The 1990's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) I love point 2, I'm new to blogging but I already know what a difference it can make just to be nice and spread the blogging love! xx

    Fran's Beauty Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips. I get that stroppy feeling mood too with blogging. Especially when I had exams. Wonderful post :)

    Emily

    http://www.thebrookeoffashion.com/

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Important things to remember. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the great work.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. #5 for me is actually important! Don't mind the numbers of your likes and followers. Your success as a blogger isn't measured just through those numbers. I'm with you on just enjoying it as a hobby and/or passion! <3

    xo, www.ablissfulblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing what you want to write is definitely key to loving your blog again! Sometimes we feel pressured to write the posts we think our readers want to see, but some of my spur of the moment life-oriented posts have been what go down the best, and that makes me so happy. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an important post which i feel all bloggers should read!
    http://www.trudyjohanna.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely post and very true. Next time I am falling out of love without of blogging or feeling down about it, I will have to remember these points.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just what I needed to read. I love how laid back your attitude is. It really is an inspiration for me. Thanks Lydia!

    Louisa
    The Outside In
    itstheoutsidein.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog, and i love this post!
    I too stress when i haven't posted, blogging should be fun and something we all enjoy doing, not a chore!
    Great tips :) xx

    www.holliebeca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these tips and definitely agree with all of them!

    Freya | freya-ella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fall out of love with blogging all the time! But other days I'll manage to schedule 10+ posts, it's so up and down. I love your blog though! ♥
    Nikki | hedgehogloves

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to be told to blog when I want to blog! I keep getting so hung up on how much I am posting and that I am not posting! Great tips!

    Ax
    www.alicerosieallsop.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post :) I feel like giving up sometimes too but then I miss the feeling I get from blogging :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great post Lydia! It's so easy to get sucked up into this virtual lifestyle and forget to take a break even though that may be the very thing we need. I also totally agree about spreading the love!

    Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so weird because I've just come back to blogging after a huuuuuuge break and in my welcome back post(hasn't been published yet) iItouch on what you are saying. It's so easy to get caught up in it all sometimes its more beneficial to take a step back, breathe, relax and come back when you're felling happier and inspired to blog!
    Great post
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great post and lovely blogging commenting to post!! this is pretty nebosh course in Tamilnadu|best safety training institute in india|nebosh course in India this is informative blog!!

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig