8 December 2015

KIKO MILANO: FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Swatches L-R - 703, 11, 12, 504
When a new makeup brand arrives in town, it's always an excuse to go spend. Kiko has just opened a new store in Meadowhall, so I headed straight down to pick up a few products to try out. Admittedly, I did end up with more than I'd planned... When there's so much for under a fiver it's easy to get carried away without totting up! Meh. It's always nice to have a few new bits to play around with. Here's how I'm getting on with these newbies so far...

My favourite of the bunch. A really opaque lip liner that I've been wearing lots without lipstick (I normally only find I can pull that off with MAC Lip Liners). Colour wise this is my favourite sort of dusky pink, perhaps a slightly darker version of MAC Whirl? It does last ages, although it does end up slightly dry on the lips... For me, that's not a problem as I love everything matte & can always add a bit of balm over the top. I'll definitely add another shade to my makeup collection when I'm next in Meadowhall.

I mainly got this one for something a little brighter... I have way too many nudes! I went for this coral-y-red as a small step into the bold lip. The colour pay off isn't as good as the previous one, but as I don't wear bright lips very often I'm happy to go cheap and cheerful!

These I really like. They're handy for on the go and for the price they have a really good colour... I find some of these lip gloss/balm things don't really show up that well. To me, these are more of a lipstick consistency with a bit of gloss thrown in. I'm not really a lip gloss sort of gal, so it's my sort of combo.

For a blending brush, I find this one is quite stiff (I like the fluffy sort that will bend against the eyelid, if that makes sense?). It's still perfectly useable as a blending brush and I'm always up for adding another to my life (that way I can avoid washing my brushes for a little longer) but doesn't feel quite as good value as the other products. I'm still fancying trying a couple of the other brushes out though, so I'll keep you updated.

I'd heard quite a bit about these, so I was looking forward to giving them a go. The consistency is actually really nice, it applies smooth and doesn't take too much blending. When I'm dashing about for work it's a good go-to. On me, I wouldn't say it's 'long' lasting as I have really oily eyelids (joy) but for a cream product it isn't bad. I think I'd probably be better with a lighter shade, something I can wear as a highlight.

A super skinny brow pencil with its own spoolie & sharpener. Handy, I'm always losing the freaking things. The shade I went for is a blonde, without being too orange/grey toned. Application wise it goes on nice - it's not that hard a pencil yet not too waxy. I don't use brow pencils that often, but I think it's a good one to have for touch ups on the go.

Have you given any Kiko products a go? Let me know if you've got any favourites, I'm already starting another mini list for next payday! 

x
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I need to go back in stores and check what they have ! Very good brand !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews girl! I really like their powder eyeshadows, so pigmented and long lasting! x

    Kirstie | Kirstie Pickering

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their lipsticks and nail polishes!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2015/12/athens-night-walk.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried their nail varnishes which are pretty good. Sounds like I should try a few more of their products. I'm always on the look out for a decent lip liner.

    A Forte For Fashion

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am yet to try any of Kiko's makeup products but these lip liners look gorgeous! x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried Kiko years ago in Spain, I'm so glad it's finally come to the UK! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog so much! I also love KIKO products so that's a bonus, the lip liners being my favourite as they're just so creamy 😩😩

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love KIKO at the moment, kinda obsessed! Need to try some of the lip lines now!

    www.whosthatgirllucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig