23 January 2016

THE BEST APPS FOR BLOGGERS


Blogging can be a fiddly thing. Thankfully, there are a whole load of apps out there that can make life a load easier. I'm forever downloading and deleting apps as I try things out, but I have found a few favourites along the way. From photo editing to keeping organised, these are the ones I'm always using for blogging - they're also the ones I think are must downloads for 2016. I'm currently an Android girl, but I have included IOS alternatives for anything that isn't available on both. I'm thinking of venturing over to iPhone soon though, so I may do an updated list when/if that happens!

I've gone on about Facetune before, but if I did have to pick just one app this would be what I'd go for. It's pretty much all I use to edit pictures these days! While it is handy for fuzzing out the odd spot, I mostly use it for backgrounds & getting that 'minimal Instagram theme' thaaang going on. It is one you have to pay for, but it’s so worth it. Spend a while faffing about on it and you’ll be sold!

I don't use this one as much as Facetune, but I do like to have it in my 'Blogging' folder on my phone. The main reason I love it is you can select specific areas and choose to alter them - so if you're wanting to lighten your background, then you can select it and tweak the exposure. This one is available on Android too – hooray!

Buffer is my app of choice for any scheduled posts on social. I like it as I can have Facebook and Twitter in one place and really keep an eye on what's going out. I've tried a few other options, but this is the one I've kept on my phone for a good while. 

I love a good wish list app. The thing is with blogging, I spend my life deciding I want something just cause I've read so & so's review, so I like to make lists to keep track on everything I’m lusting after.  I think it's a good way to get organized for blogging too. If it's a particular post I'm wanting to do, I can create a list with links to all the products to save for later. I found Wish Explorer after searching 'wish list' on the Google Play store, but I've heard WishMindr is another decent option. 

I'm a bit addicted to Google Analytics on my phone, as it's so handy for seeing how things are going. I love being able to have a flick through and check up on numbers while I'm out. Having it on my phone just makes life easier - even when I'm at home I'd usually rather browse through on the app (to me, the app makes it much simpler!).

Camera Remotes
So, nothing particular as it depends what camera you're using, but camera remote apps are something I use all the time. I have one for my Samsung NX Mini then another for my DSLR, which means that I can see my shots on my phone as I take them. It's worth having a look around for a remote app that's compatible with your camera, as they really are a great option for blog photography. 

The only social platform app I've included, as I reckon most of us already make the most of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Snapchat is the baby sister, but it feels like a bit of a ‘thing’ at the minute – especially in blogging. I had my own account purely for sending minging selfies to friends for ages, but I’m so glad I made an account for my blog. It just feels like a much more personal way to share updates, and I love that it’s a lot more relaxed than Instagram. I feel like a quick picture of my ugly looking beans on toast tea is actually acceptable on Snapchat. Lol. For 2016, I definitely think Snapchat is going to be a biggie for bloggers!

This year, these are the ones I know I'll be using loads. I didn't include any apps for actually blogging on, mostly because I've tried them in the past and ended up deleting them. I've used Blogger's one before and just found it so bad that I'd rather edit in the web browser - that seems to work fine for me! 

x
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Nice post! I love reading what you have to say on certain things - I think you're very honest and down to earth! Love your blog too!

    xoxo, Lauren | The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! There are a few I haven't tried on here :)

    I've also done a similar post and would love you to check it out

    ♦The Jewel Beauty Blog♦ || Would love you to stop by! ツ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at Google Analytics too, but I kinda don't know what I'm looking at :( I just don't know what purpose it really serves me. Do you have any tips? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just downloaded Google Analytics now thanks your post. I'm looking forward to being able to keep track of my blog on the go!

    DeeDee Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this! Will definitely take a look at the organisation sort of apps as I am awful with scheduling stuff haha x

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post - definitely need to try out some of the photo editing ones, I feel like I've been using Afterlight to edit my Instagam pics forever!

    Freya | freya-ella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these apps are actually so handy, I've been using them for a while now apart from Buffer, i love the sound of that, downloading it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an useful post! Thank you!

    https://simonebruin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snapchat is the bomb!!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2016/01/fashionable-iphone-cases.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is really helpful!! love your blog xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buffer is a life saver - always forgetting to update it though. Great post :)

    www.ohjanuary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collection of apps! Gonna have to check out Facetune since it comes so highly recommended.

    Brittny | www.brittnykindred.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously don't get a single thing on Snapseed and I think Facetune isn't free.

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I never heard about these before. thank you so much for sharing this on your blog. I will give these a try soon. keep sharing such a useful info.

    gmail phone support

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Snapchat - especially for watching my fave bloggers and YouTubers! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig