23 February 2016

HAIR UPDATES | GOING FOR GREY

It was time for a change. Albeit a small one – I’d love to be the sort to brave dying my hair all the colours of the rainbow, but I’m just not. I love all these out there options for hair, but I’m someone that’s a total wimp when it comes to change… Hence why I’ve always had hair along the ‘long and blonde’ lines. After internally debating, I decided to change it up for a few weeks with a few grey tones!

Yup, I know grey is kind of the ‘thing’ right now, but that doesn’t really put me off – if I like it, I like it. It seemed like a good idea for making a teeny weenie change, as it was only a case of adding some toner to my hair. It won’t last forever - this sort of grey rinse will probably wash up over the coming weeks, so if I had decided I didn’t like it, it wouldn’t have been a biggie. I’m loving it right now, but over summer it’s likely I’ll fancy that beachy blonde look again.

So, what did I ask my hairdresser for? In the lead up I did a lot of Pinterest/Instagram stalking, mostly searching #greyombre and compiling a folder full of screenshots featuring my favourite styles. I find it so difficult to explain what I’m after at the hairdressers, taking a few pictures always works much better for me! The ones below are just a few from in my ‘Grey Hair Inspo’ pin board – I’m sure quite a few of these are photoshopped, but they got across the look I was after. Cooler tones, with grey ends. My Nanna totally doesn’t get why I’ve died my hair the colour she’s trying to get rid of, but for me it’s the perfect shade for trying something new, without feeling too out of my comfort zone!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. It looks amazing!

    https://simonebruin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks lovely! I have silver/grey hair. Just bought a different colour to go a darker grey. I love having this hair colour and at least I know it suits me for when I do eventually go grey ;)

    Honey Go-Lightly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing! I really love grey hair at the moment, its very pretty!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so beautiful grey! It adds that something extra to a blonde look, and I love the way your hair kind of moves from blonde to grey. I love to use semi-permanent dyes if I'm going to dye it so that it can be changed soon if I don't like it.

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your hair, it looks amazing!

    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiagilchriest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You hair looks fantastic now! xo

    http://www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks stunning! I love how the grey is more just on the ends rather than all over, its subtle but works so well.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair colour is gorgeous I'm not sure I'd be able too pull it off or be brave enough too aha! Asia xo

    http://asiajade1996.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks gorgeous! I am having a nightmare deciding on my wedding hair as my roots have grown out and I can't seem to find a hairdresser to blend my natural blonde roots with them without having them taken out - waaah. Your natural hair is just goals <3 xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the new hair colour! Beautiful. As a fellow blondey I Would love to know which hairdressers you go to in Sheffield?? I am always on the hunt for a new place that I will love! xx

    www.talisatells.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently went for a grey ombre too! Although my hair is naturally quite dark and my balayage had grown out a lot, so it'll take one more go to get it properly grey. Loving this hair look at the moment!

    http://whaticallbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I was brave enough to go grey or pastel! Baby steps though, baby steps. Your hair at the moment looks fab!

    Hannah | Granite City Girl x

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig