16 February 2016

MY DRUGSTORE BEAUTY FAVOURITES

Admittedly. I don’t actually use that many drugstore products. I’m a complete sucker for packaging, and regularly end up purchasing the high-end stuff because it looks freaking amazing on my dresser. I know, it’s really bad. Having said that, I have got a few products that I regularly head into Boots to stock up on – I’d rather have a few that I’ve realized I religiously love, rather than a whole load of stuff I’ll never use.

When it comes to what’s on my repurchase list, these are the items I’m always heading back for!
Garnier Micellar Water / Garnier Moisturiser / Carmex / Garnier Eye Cream  
Although I tend to lean towards high-end makeup (much to the disapproval of my bank balance), I pretty much only use drugstore skincare. In fact, most of my skincare routine is made up of budget options, as I’ve always found plenty that works for me. Garnier is a favourite of mine – it’s super cheap and doesn’t create a whopping skin disaster for me. With oily skin, I love their gel like moisturizers as I feel like they’re hydrating without leaving my face feeling greasy. The Micellar Water is another staple in my cleansing routine, as it does everything I need and lasts forever. Big bargain.

Another favourite I’m always stocking up on is Carmex lip balm. As a serial lip chewer I get through loads of balms, but this is the one I always go back to. It’s brilliant for chapped lips and it’s sort of tingly, making your pout feel extra pouty.    
Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer / Rimmel Loose Powder / L'Oreal Liquid Liners
On the makeup front, I just have a few items that have made it into my day-to-day routine. For loose powder, I’m happy to use a cheaper one as all I really want to see is my oily t-zone mopped up. I’ve used this Rimmel one for a good while now and it does just that. Oh, and when I drop it (which is inevitable with any sort of loose product) there won't be tears when I have to hoover it all up.


A concealer favourite at the minute would be Maybelline Eraser Eye, one I thought I’d try out for upping my contouring game. I went for the lightest shade, so I can really get my under eye nice and bright – this one layers up well so I'm forever packing it on. I've gone through a couple of higher end concealers recently, and this one comes up just as good. 


Annnd L’Oreal eyeliners. The liner in this shot isn’t my complete favourite, but the one I’ve been loving I’ve used up & need to go repurchase (Super Liner Perfect Slim). I just find that the liners I’ve tried from L’Oreal are so much easier to apply, especially for someone that struggles with that slick winged look. I can manage much easier with something that's more like a felt tip. 
Real Techniques Sponge / Real Techniques Buffing Brush
I could have added a whole range of Real Techniques brushes to this post, but I think a lot of us know they’re pretty guuuurd. My favourite is the buffing brush, as I can use this for liquid and powder base makeup. I’ll use it to fuzz out any streaks in my foundation, then buff in my powder to set everything. I really need to head out and get another one, as I’m using a whole load of brush cleanser inbetween!

My equal favourite for foundation is Real Techniques’ answer to the Beauty Blender. I’m bloody obsessed with this one! When I’m after heavier coverage I’ll grab this and pat in foundation ‘til my heart’s content. I would say use it wet though – when I try using it dry now I feel like I’m stroking a dog backwards or something.  
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. The Maybelline concealer is one of my favourites, perfect for under the eyes. I haven't tried this Rimmel primer but i definitely will, i find the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer is amazing to keep my shine at bay!
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Real Techniques beauty blender lately too and have to say I'm a fan. And it's so much cheaper!

    Rachel | www.currentlyrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I'm obsessed with the garnier moisturiser carmex its so good!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buffing is probably my favourite brush to apply foundation, I probably need another one as well but it's just a bit annoying because it comes as part of the set and I don't really want to buy the whole set again
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen loads of people go on about the maybelline concealer, think it's about time I picked one up!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the real techniques range! All of their brushes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also don't tend to buy drugstore make-up/products but there are definitely a few essentials that I always purchase from Boots. I absolutely adore the Garnier micellaire water too! I used to spend £15 on Bioderma before I found the Garnier alternative.. and the cheaper option is definitely much better in my opinion.. it works wonders! xx

    Ciara Rose | www.ciara-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. RT brushes is fine are better than most high-end brushes.
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the RT buffing brush and sponge! They are staples for me when I do my makeup!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Real Techniques Buffing Brush has always been a favourite of mine :)

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I honestly can never say enough good things about the Garnier micellar water! I don't know how many people I've forced to buy it or how many bottles I've gone through myself!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to try that Maybelline concealer!
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig