11 March 2016

A PROACTIV+ UPDATE - THE RESULTS

As promised, it’s time for an eight-week update on how I got on with the Proactiv+ 3 step system. I set about using the range back in January, and to be honest… I was skeptical. With sensitive, blemish prone skin (the joys), I’ve always found it really difficult to sort out a skincare routine that works for me – getting a cleanser, spot treatment and moisturiser that all work can be a toughie. 

Over the last eight weeks I’ve made sure I’ve used the products religiously so I can really see the results. Morning and night I’ve used the Skin Smoothing Exfoliator to scrub nasties away, dealt with the blemishes using the Pore Targeting Treatment and hydrated with the Complexion Perfecting Hydrator. One of the best things I’ve found about using the products is that they’re convenient. Really, having acne can be a total pain. Your skincare routine ends up having to be epic, and most of the products make it difficult for applying makeup – basically, you’re stuck to applying them at night, when really my face needs some daytime blemish busting too. I didn’t find I had a problem with that when it came to using Proactiv+ – nothing made my skin ridiculously dry or difficult to apply makeup over. For me, that makes targeting acne a whole lot easier!

So, how did I get on… For around the first three weeks I would say there wasn’t a huge difference. My skin was still quite sore from a bad break out, so I think it took a while to see this begin to heal. It wasn’t until about a month in that I started to notice changes in my skin… While there was still the odd persistent spot, they weren’t looking quite so angry and the red patches were less obvious.

It wasn’t until I started taking these pictures that I really could see a change in my skin - I’m really surprised to see how much more even it looks! Having acne puts your skin through some tough times, and as a result I think my complexion just looked a bit bashed up in the ‘before’ picture, with redness where my skin was scratched and scuffed up. I’ve also noticed that I’ve gradually been wearing less foundation – in fact, I’ve almost made my full coverage favourite redundant.

I’ve still got a way to go with some scarring to clear up, but I’m tackling that with the Mark Fading Pads, which are amaaazing… If they’re good enough for Olivia Munn, they’re good enough for me! I’m going to carry on using the Proactiv+ products so it’d be great to show you another update soon. For now though, that’s definitely enough of my makeup free face! 

Find out more about the Proactiv+ products and how to use them here
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. the difference is amazing!

    www.wonderlandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried proactiv a few years ago, and unfortunately (like every other product) it didn't work for me. I ended up seeing a dermatologist for an intense course of treatment, which I've since had to repeat, but I'm so glad to see it worked out for you! Are the mark fading pads proactiv? I'd be keen to give those a shot, scarring is just as bad as acne in some ways! Your skin looks gorgeous now by the way!
    Debi x
    http://gingey-snaps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have found something that has started to work for you! I sound like have the exact same skin type as you! :( sensitive, oily, spot prone and dry... SO frustrating, I may have to try this stuff to see how it works for me! Thanks for sharing. <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was always a bit skeptical of Proactiv+ too, but the results you have shown are amazing!!

    Giveaway on poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the progress !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great results! I've wanted to try Proactiv for ages but was worried that it wouldn't work as well as the ads say it does! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig