14 April 2016

GROWING MY EYEBROWS | HOW I DID IT

I spoke at the start of the year about how I was on the quest for these natural, thick brows that would revolutionise life. Okay, not quite, but I was ready for something that didn’t require quite so much stencilling in. My brows weren’t terrible, but they’ve always been an awkward shape, making it difficult for me to manage them – they’re really straight, with the only sign of an arch in the middle of my brow. I was also pretty gappy towards where I’d actually have liked the arch to be. So yeah, thanks life.

Since January, I’ve gone out of my way to give my brows the best possible chance. I did a bit of research (I went on YouTube & searched ‘how to grow your brows) and invested in a few products to up my brow routine… In the end, everything I’ve used I’ve seen results from. Here’s how I took on the battle of getting me some bushy brows. 

Growth

RapidBrow
I definitely think this made a massive difference for the initial process of growing out my brows. It took a good few weeks, but by a month later I had a whole load of new hairs that I’d not seen for yonks. One issue was that they seemed to sprout up allover, with hairs in places I didn’t really need them. After persevering, I did start to see a difference in general. Whether it’s a miracle product, or it’s just the fact that morning and night I’m giving my brows a little bit of TLC, I can’t say, but I would recommend giving it a shot. It’s expensive, but I’m thinking of getting another to really have a go on those last patchy areas.
*brows after using RapidBrow for four weeks.

Caster Oil
This one is a cheaper option that I’ve been using since my RapidBrow ran out. I managed to get what seems like a jug’s worth for a fiver on eBay… Now I just decant a little bit into a pot as and when I need it. I’ve been using it morning and night to really massage into the hairs, without tugging any out – you gotta be precious with those babies! I’m spending a lot of my time looking like I’ve got greasy brows, but hey ho. I think this stuff is making them look way healthier, so I can get away without wearing much product on them.

Shaping

I’ve actually still had my brows shaped just as much as I regularly do, all I’ve done is ask my brow lady to leave anything she thinks may be useful. I think having someone that knows their sh*t when it comes to brows is really important – you don’t want to be having all your hard work whipped off. Occasionally I’ve plucked the odd mono-browific hair, but I try to only get rid of the ones I know are miles out of my brow shape.

Follow Up

Once I’d actually grown these massive brows, I decided I didn’t like them. With them not naturally forming that swooping arch, I just felt like I had a whole load of really dark hair on my face. I looked in the mirror one day and decided I was the third Bananas in Pyjamas brother. Not great. The thing is, the front of my brows want to grow through black, and as they got thicker I noticed this even more.

After once again getting a bit of advice from YouTube, I had a go at bleaching them. Much to both mine and my mother’s surprise (she was getting all high pitched about me ending up with ginger brows), it actually worked out just how I wanted. I used Jolene, a facial hair bleach available in Boots. I probably left it on for about 5 or 6 minutes, before doing another couple of minutes on the really dark bits a day later. I did use a bit of my Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo to tone things down, but overall I was much happier with them. No longer were they 8 shades darker than my hair.
*brows after shaping & tinting.

Makeup

Post brow growing sesh, the main product I've used is my much loved Maybelline Brow Drama. Actually, it's only recently that I've realised I love this stuff more than ever! In the first image, that's all I've got on my brows. Plenty of it, but that's all I now need to feel like I've got really full brows. It's also super sturdy stuff, so I can somewhat force my brows into the direction I want them to go. I'm still working on training those front bits to point upwards - working progress! 

So, overall I’m really pleased with how my brows are looking now. They just feel healthier and not too severe on my face! I’ve still got some areas I’d like to work on, but really I can go without brow product now and feel like they aren’t a complete mess. Good stuff. Have any of you guys tried any wonder brow products?!

x
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I too, have been on an eyebrow quest haha! I grew mine out for 6 months last year and then booked to have them done in September, where they absolutely ruined my brows, I was so upset. I then had to regrow them out for another 6 months and recently, finally got them how I wanted them. Yours, Look really great, It's so hard having the patience to see them through the awkward growing out stage, but it definitely pays off!
    Tenz,
    www.shesabouthatlife.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoAHH the shape of your eyebrows are perfect. My eyebrows are quite thick so I don't bother with conditioning them, but eyebrow gel/mascara is a must for me just to make the hairs go in the same direction

    YIGE a blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! I need to try this, maybe my eyebrows will be fuller :)

    Safia,
    http://www.mytrendylifestyle.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post. Such a good read and so interesting!
    I wish I had your patience.lol
    I fell out with my brows many years ago, after they finally gave up on and my over plucking in the 90's and well, never really came back.. So, I turned to having them tattoo'd on (semi-permeant) and feel a lot happier. :) I really think eyebrows are a main focus point of someones face and like you, (although mine are 95% tattoo'd) I am now happy to go out with only my brows. :)
    I do however still love Brow Drama. :)

    Caroline.x
    www.notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had that much patience to grow mine as well, yours look amazing right now!!! ;) xo
    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking amazing x

    Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your brows look fab! I'm from Sheffield and wondered where you get them done?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your eyebrows look fab! I'm from Sheffield and was wondering where you get them done?

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig