17 June 2016

CASUAL DRESSING | WEEKEND MONOCHROME

When it comes to casual dressing, for me it’s a three-point thing. Flats, extra comfy bottoms and a slouchy bag to lug about all my crap in. On days off, this is exactly the kind of thing I go for. Something I can slob about in without feeling like a total scruff... I tend to go for monochrome to smarten things up a little, I just think it feels more like a put together version of comfy casuals! 

Comfy Bottoms

Leggings as trousers isn’t something I regularly sport out of the house (in the house it’s a different story – I live my life in leggings) but when it comes to those CBA days they’re my first choice, as long as they’re suitably suck-y in-y. I usually pair them with something that covers up my ass – I’m not quite brave enough to go all out with the leggings & crop top combo. That tends to mean a slouchy top, but as I had my rucksack here I thought I could get away with it. It's all about the comfort, both in not feeling like I'm wearing restrictive clothing and feeling confident in what I'm wearing. 

Oversized Bag

The bag I go for makes a massive difference to what I’m wearing – it’s either something tiny and smart for the essentials, or Mary Poppins style to cart everything I could ever possibly need. Rucksacks are my ultimate choice for casual dressing… This one looks relaxed without feeling like I'm off on a hike. I got it in New Look a good while a go, but it's still much loved for those lazier looking outfits. 

Flats

Preferably trainers, something I've only just got really into. I’ve bought more pairs this year than I have in my life! Decent flat shoes are the best for dressing down any outfit, with a pair of comfy sneakers my go-to option. I know if I’d worn this look with my favourite pointy ZARA boots I’d have felt way more glam, but on a Sunday afternoon I’m not ready for any level of glamorous. Instead, I went for my recent TK Maxx purchase – PUMA flatforms. Leg lengthening, yet something I can still slob around in. Good stuff.

As much as I like dressing up, a good casual outfit makes me just as happy! Long live jersey materials, hoodies and soft knits. 

Sunglasses - Celine / Top - Primark / Jacket - H&M / Leggings - Boohoo / Rucksack - New Look / Trainers - PUMA via TK Maxx
SHOP THE POST

x






SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Ahhh I am so obsessed with those tights! They are super cute. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this casual, everyday look.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, cute leggings x

    Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this outfit looks really nice and also sounds comfy! Nice post :)
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the leggings !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely outfit! Totally pulling of the legging look! I love how you made it into a monochrome outfit as it really does somehow smarten the whole thing up!
    http://www.pagesfrombeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you need something to suck you in, looking great even in casual leggings
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is perfection. Looking good <3 x

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig