4 November 2016

THE BEST PHONE FOR BLOGGERS | ANDROID OR IPHONE

As a blogger, there's no denying that my phone is a big deal. I do spend a significant portion of my life on it, with it being important for both the day to day stuff and managing work. With that and the fact that anything to do with phones is ridiculously expensive (remember the days of £20 a month contracts?!) I want to make sure I'm happy with what I'm using. 

After years on Android, I've recently switched to IOS, and so I thought it'd be a good time to give my full verdict on what's worked out better for me from a blogging perspective.

iPhone Pros

Photo Editing Apps
Up to now I'm finding the range of photo editing apps a lot better on iPhone. All my Android favourites are still available in the App Store, but I've also found new app loves to add to my photography folder. So far Enlight has quickly become my most used app for editing - it does a lot of what Facetune does with some added extras.
Camera
Basically, I think if you like taking a lot of selfies then an iPhone is a winner. Lol. Let's be honest, a camera that doesn't make you look like a potato is the preferred option for bloggers. Out of all the phones I've tried, iPhone cameras seem to be the most appropriate for good portrait photography. Also if you're on iPhone 7 Plus then the new Portrait camera is a gaaaame changer. I've only been using it a day or so, but it's ridiculously good and unlike anything I've used on any other phones. 
Notifications
iPhone's notification system has been one less irritation in life. On my Samsung, I'd always be missing Instagram notifications as they only showed up in the app, which I'd then have to scroll to find. I'm sure there's a workaround for this, but iPhone's notification system just feels a lot simpler. I know it's a tiny inconvenience, but it used to piss me off no end. 
Design
It's more a personal thing, but in general I've always preferred the design of iPhones. I'm not focused on style over substance, but if I'm forking out all this money on a phone I do want it to look nice too. Particularly with my Samsung I just found things were a bit cheap looking - plastic-y, you know? The newer models look great, but for now I'm sold on the iPhone7 design.

iPhone Cons

External Camera Apps
Up to now the main bug bear I've had with my iPhone has been that the camera apps I use for transferring images via WiFi don't actually work. With my Samsung NX Mini it was a no go, and Canon Camera Connect has been temperamental. To me, WiFi transfer is one of the main reasons I'd go for a camera like that, so if it isn't even going to work then it's a pretty pointless purchase. Recently I've invested in the Sony A5100 (it finally came back in stock and I've just got no self control) which does work a treat with the iPhone app. Even still, I'd prefer it if the others would work too!

Android Pros

Photo Galleries
I've found on Android that the gallery for photos makes a lot more sense... I'm still struggling to get to grips with Photos on iPhone! Everything on my Samsung went into its folders, whereas on iPhone I'm like 'whereeee the fudge did that go?!'. 
Camera Apps
So yeah, as mentioned the camera apps on Android worked fine for me. My Samsung NX Mini has become a little redundant recently, but if I'm ever desperate I'll be using it through my old phone.

Android Cons

'Blogger' Apps
Especially newer ones. One that really bugged me was RewardStyle's Like To Know It - I spent so long waiting for Android version and eventually gave up! It's sod's law that the week I got my iPhone they released it. Ha. I just find a lot of apps that us blogging folk prioritise take a long time to make their way to Android It's a shame, but I just don't want to be waiting 6 months for an app that every bugger else seems to be using.
Emoji
A really small thing, but emoji on my Android really used to drive me mad. The thing is, they're different. What looks like my blushing emoji is actually an iPhone horrified emoji. Slight exaggeration, but to me some are really different to what others see them as. I don't wanna be tweeting about a lipstick with what I think is a smiling emoji when I'm actually using something with a 'WTH' expression. 
Phone Cases
Boo. I want a fluffy case with glitzy sparkles and I want it now. I don't think the range of cases compares for Android phones. Yeah, I don't need my phone in a case covered in unicorns, but it's cute to have the option! In a visual lead business like blogging it's nice to be able to switch things up. 

Aaaand so, for the purposes of blogging I'm currently Team iPhone. I think in general I find the apps and camera qualities are just more appropriate for what I need in blogging. Phones are so fancy these days that all have their merits and I'd be more than open to giving Android another go, but for now I'm happy over on IOS. 

youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig