14 May 2013

DIY leg chain outfit

Coat - Miss Selfridge, Oversized Tee - Urban Outfitters, Leg Chain - DIY, Platform Trainers - Charity Shop


Every so often, I get that craving for something crafty. I just have to sit faffing around with something, whether it’s making friendship bracelets or a floral headband. A few weeks ago I made this little leg chain, after spending a while looking for a new form of procrastination. It’s really simple to make so I’m not going to go into a whole ‘Step One – Trip to Hobbycraft blah di blah’ ha.. but here’s the gist of it.  

All I did was create a couple of loops of chain (just cheap stuff from a craft shop) big enough to pop my leg through, then attached them to a longer strip that had a safety pin on the end. That way I can just attach it to some part of whatever I’m wearing that isn’t visible.. the lining of short pockets is a good one! You can make them way more fancy than I’ve done, I’m thinking of doing some one with little tassel-y bits on over the summer. So many DIYS & not enough time!

Right, that’s my blogging break from revision over. Boo. How’s everyone handling the horrible exam season?! All we’ve got to think is that it’ll all be done in no time & then it’s summer. YAY.

Oh & excuse the plucked chicken legs. I was being a little optimistic (as per) with getting the legs out. 
   

bloglovin /twitter / pinterest / tumblr / instagram @ fashioninflux
x
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. I love this!
    I've been meaning to make a DIY leg chain for a while now, will definitely get it done over Summer :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It looks so cool and you pull it off so well! I want to make one! xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the DIY leg chain! I've been looking to get one but can now save some pennys :)

    Louise xx
    http://papercupd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great outfit, looks so good on you! The leg chain looks great, not sure I could pull this off though! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it - especially the selfmade leg chain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING look in Camo! Love this so much.

    xo
    Emily Jenny
    Stiletto Beats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, it look amazing! I've always fancied creating a leg chain. Have you seen the LITTER ones? They're gorgeous but expensive! Good luck with your revision :)
    Rachelle x
    http://inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey love the jacket & great idea!

    http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your look
    And want that leg chain
    Amazing DIY
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit and I really like your DIY leg chain x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab idea. I have never seen anything like it. I'm not going to attempt it with my elephant legs but you really pull it off :)

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've wanted a leg chain since last summer! Yours looks amazing! I'll probs just end up buying one though, I never seam to be able to get round to doing anything crafty! x

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The leg chain is really nice, great procrastination/job
    Goodluck with your exams though x

    Blog by ORR: La-Grunge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not actually seen these before but I think it looks awesome! Might have to give it a go myself. xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that top I need it in my life!!

    Http://youngandbroke284.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this outfit, the leg chain makes it so much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the leg chain! Your styling is amazing too.

    I've just followed :) Can't believe I've only just found your blog now!

    Amy xxx

    www.amodernminute.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love you and that leg chain!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're so clever, I need to get crafty more often! ;)

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig