23 August 2015

10 BLOG POSTS FOR LAZY BLOGGING DAYS


Blogging does take a lot of effort, and while I enjoy the whole process, I do think there are days when you just don't feel 'blog ready'. By that I mean the sort of days when you kind of want to write a blog post but also kind of want to sit in pyjamas all day eating last night's left over pizza. With work, life and blogging to manage I still like to squeeze in these odd lazy days. While these aren't lazy blog posts (they can involve as much or little effort as you want..), I do think they're good 'uns for days when you'd rather blog without having to feature yourself/move from the settee.

1. Outfit Layouts
This is my favourite when I'm feeling the fashion sort of thing but don't actually want to get dressed. Lol.. I'm forever taking these then editing out my slippers that have snuck into the bottom of the shot. Glamorous. If you're just not up for taking a whole load of pictures of yourself then this is a good option and you can plan a few your outfits ahead while you're at it.

2. Collections
Shoes, matte lipsticks, favourite books.. You know what I mean. I'm up for a duvet day, talking what lip colours I love and watching 5 seasons of a show on Netflix.

3. Accessory Details
I like details posts, even though they're generally shorter and more to the point. Sometimes I find things get lost in posts that have lots going on, so if it's worth a post of its own then I'll do that. I can take a quick picture of fancy new shoes or some jewellery pieces without even having a change out of my comfies. Marvellous.

4. What's In My Bag
Because some of us are just nosey and want to see what's going on in folk's handbags alongside the apocalypse worthy supply of rogue tampons and screwed up receipts. It might not be of interest to everyone, but I've come across a lot of handbag essentials from these posts.

5. Inspiration Posts
This is one I'm going to save for my next lazy blogging day.. When I spend half my life procrastinating on Pinterest I might as well do a blog about what inspo I'm stocking up on. It's easy to run out of ideas with blogging (well, I hope it is.. 'cause I do), so getting re-inspired is always fun.

6. Blog Love
One I definitely want to do. I love a bit of blog positivity and it's always nice to pass 'feel good' vibes on. This one you can do from the comfort of your own bed, whilst having a major blog stalk.

7. Instagram Round Ups
I guess not everyone who's into reading blogs is that obsessed with Instagram, and vice versa. My Instagram is mostly little bits and bobs that never really get covered on here - different outfits, quick snaps of a nice lunch out, that sort of thing, so I think if you've got a bit more to say about something it's worth sticking in a post. It's one of those quick and easy posts but also quite personal.

8. Wish Lists
UGH. I try not to do these that often mostly because they lead to me excessively spending or getting the grumps on when I can't afford that mega skirt I've just spent the last half an hour lusting over. Online window shopping turned into a blog post doesn't take a huge amount of time but I always think these are nice posts to flick through. The minute I start reading one of these blog posts my bank balance has a nervy b.

9. Recent Favourites
Roll out of bed, gather all your recent loves together and wham, bam, thank 'ya mam.. That's a blog post pretty much sorted. Well, not quite.. But I find yakking on about things I've really been loving is a lot easier than trying to talk about that pair of black jeans that I wear in every other post.

10. Lazy Day Essentials
Yeah, the shot of me in Hello Kitty PJs probably won't be included, but the other behind the scenes bits and bobs can be squished together for a lifestyle post. For me it'd mostly be fluffy socks, Kettle Chips and The Breakfast Club.


x
SHARE:

31 comments

  1. Thanks Lydia, these are great ideas to keep in mind xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always do a wishlist when I am too lazy!

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so useful! Definitely need to keep these in mind next time I'm stuck for ideas

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe it or not, this post actually helped me to come up with some ideas. Ive been neglecting blogging on and off for a while so to read some of these quick blog post ideas may just help to balance out personal life and blogging x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas, I'll keep these in mind!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog post, I definitely will have to look into doing a few of these when I want a lazy day. Sometimes I just have no effort to get up and get dressed to take photos for a blog post xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post - wishlists are my go-to lazy day posts, but I'll definitely be stealing a few of these other ideas :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah bookmarking this - such fab ideas!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post has been a massive help! Thank you so much for sharing some wonderful ideas I can use as a back up in case I get bloggers block again. Wonderful post, loved it :-) xxx

    Love Charlotte xxx
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. So helpful for bloggers like me. I am so inspired :)

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous!

    http://alexinwanderlust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Recently I have been lacking in ideas for when I just want to pop a little post up. This is a great post and just what I needed. I will definitely come back to this post when I need a little help. Thanks.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a helpful post. I really like your ideas - Wishlists are always a great idea as I'm always lusting after something x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love share the love posts. Definitely need to do one of my own ASAP.

    Rachel | www.currentlyrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was really helpful, thanks for sharing! I love making wish list, so I'll save this for when I have a lazy blogging day :)

    xx Cecil // www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely and helpful post! This will come in handy:)

    Thank you for sharing!! Xxx

    www.kirstyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blog Loves are such a good one and are also fun to read! I've never done one, but I've been meaning to! x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are really good ideas! x

    http://urbansugarblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely agree.. i've been putting off outfit pictures for about a week now because it's too much effort to put on make up.. i'll be using a few of these! X
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel like "What's in My Bag" is the stereotypical lazy blogging day/lazy YT post.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! Such a great post!x
    chanicezoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so helpful! sometimes you need these lazy blog posts to get you through!
    Thanks! :)

    Jo xx

    Freckkleface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the tips! Got some fresh ideas :)
    xo Kristina
    TheKontemporary

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Instagram round ups recently, posts with a lot of photos and hardly any text to get lost in are amazing! Thanks for sharing your ideas :) xx

    www.thejulyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so me, forever in my pjs! Great tips thanks!
    Abi x

    theramblingsofarousell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for these great ideas. I have to say, I can be a big fan of the lazy blog posts - mainly because I don't yet feel comfortable modelling outfit photos just yet. I'm sure that'll change soon!

    www.feetmeetworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is the first list of post titles that I would actually do haha! :D Thanks for these :)

    Lucija
    http://coffeeandlux.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are such great tips Lydia! I'm definitely going to bed doing an inspiration post very soon, as I've been feeling very blog lazy lately haha! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am loving the sound of outfit layouts, how haven't I thought about this before? Sometimes (most of the time) dressing up for just for a 'photoshoot' isn't an option!

    Thanks for the tips, i'll be saving this one!

    Emma | The Fashion Six

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig