27 October 2015

ADDING AUTUMN COLOUR


So I've gone for a bit of a change up, photography wise. I've been wanting to make some alterations to the blog for a while now (anyone else get regularly decide they want to completely change their blog and start again!?), so working on being a bit braver when it comes to blog photography is my first baby step. I used to really enjoy doing it, but I guess I just got out of the habit and over time decided I was too wimpy to once again stand in the middle of the street to get blog pictures, while random folk wonder what the heck you're doing. For these I had my ma on hand to snap away, but I've also had my brother's girlfriend helping out, so we'll see how we go! As much as outfit photography can drive me mad, I do like that it's a bit of a learning curve.

So... I'm wearing colour here and I actually like it. I picked this dress up from Matalan over the weekend for £9, bit of a steal. It's pretty simple, but the kind of thing I can wear with heels or more like this, casual with comfy shoes. I've just ordered some adidas Superstar trainers (I know, everyone & their grandmas' have them but they seem like a good basic?!), so I think they'll be perrrrfect with this maroon number. 

Matalan actually had some really cute bits in store.. Sometimes I find it a bit hit & miss but this season they've got some loverrrly accessories! If you follow me on Snapchat (fashioninflux) you'll have seen some schmancy pointy flats, but they also had pom-pom shoes I would have been coming home with had they had my size. Pook. 


Shop The Post

Sunglasses - CĂ©line / Dress - Matalan / Scarf - H&M / Converse - USC




SHARE:

18 comments

  1. This look is amazing Lydia and I LOVE the images. Not only do you look like a babe but I love how some colours are grey and others are highlighted. You either have an amazing camera or some serious editing skills - damn! xxx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is so gorgeous on you, the whole look in general is just stunning! Can't believe you found the dress for such a great price, I always manage to find little bits and pieces in Matalan for super cheap too, I love it! Great post, your outfits are always fab!! xx

    Ciara Rose | AllureImpassionedGoddess


    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous!! I love how amazing you always look

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous outfit, I love the colour of the dress, it's so autumnal.

    blondelamode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The colour of that dress is lush, you should wear colour more! (Coming from a girl who also never wears colour)...

    Robyn / www.phasesofrobyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always had a love for midi dresses like this! Love the autumny colour too!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress - everything from the colour, cut, fabric - it's all beautiful! Really love the match with converse too, it's so effortlessly casual. Totally know the feeling about wanting to switch things up - those moments always hit me at about 2am in the morning..which is obviously the most sensible time to act upon urges!! x

    flawedfairytale || Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new outdoor shots! I think the slight embarrassment of random strangers seeing you is worth the gorgeous pics and that colour defo suits you. Really makes me wanna bring out the dark lips for Winter x

    veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loveeee these shots! I always think that outdoor shots look better than indoor ones! Not that there's anything wrong with them, I've jst always preferred them! I neeeeeeed to get my hands on this dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This colour looks fab on you xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit and that lippy is stunning! Such a subtle but lovely colour! x

    India Charlotte♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit, so simple. I like how you have made the outfit more causal with the converse. I am also slightly obsessed with the burgundy/wine colour of the dress.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dress is magical!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2015/10/skinny-suede.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Lydia!
    As a positive role model for young girls interested in fashion, I would love it if you could have a look at my blog, which is dedicated to problems within the fashion industry and their impacts on minors. I believe in the possibility for an ethical fashion industry and hope to hear from you!

    https://protectionfortheunderageexploited.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute look. Love the Fall colors!

    Http://www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post Lydia. You've described just how I feel about outdoor photography and random people wondering what the heck you're doing, ha. Your pictures turned out great, keep it up!
    Maria | ohsofashionably.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post and the photography is amazing, what camera do you use? X

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig