PRE HOLIDAY TANNING PREP WITH HE-SHI

With a holiday coming up next week, I’m super excited at the thought of bikini life. On the other hand, the thought of baring my somewhat see-through flesh for all to see is a little bit daunting. Pre-holiday, I like to start things off with some tanning prep. In the lead up I’ve been using the He-Shi range, aiming for a really natural glow that’s going to give me some extra sun lounger confidence! I’m not a tanning expert, so I’ve really loved using these bits for no fuss bronzing – up to now I’ve found it pretty easy, with no major tanning disasters. Hurrah!

In the couple of weeks before I head off on my hols I start the tanning process – it’s not epic, but I work through gradual tanner right up to instant, just to avoid glowing white on day one of the holidays.

Stage 1 – Prep & Gradual Tan

As tedious as it can be, I know a bit of prep goes a long way when it comes to tanning. To get things going I’ll start out a few days earlier with a good exfoliator, followed up with a hardcore moisturizer. Another favourite tip of mine is to bleach any of the fuzz your leaving on your bod prior to tanning – I go all out on my arms for Scandinavian looking blonde. I think this makes a huge difference for making tan appear more natural… It’s how hairs go in the sun anyway!

After that, my prep moves onto a gradual tanner – I’ve been using He-Shi’s Body Sculpting Gradual Tan. I still see this as a prep stage, as it’s one I can build up over time. I love that it helps to make your skin look firmer and contoured too… After working my butt off at the gym I’m all up for some extra help!

Stage 2 – Fast Developing Tan

After a couple of weeks going all-gradual, I’ll probably have a last blast with a stronger tan before I jet off. For that I’m going to use the Rapid 1 Hour Liquid Tan, which basically does what it says – tans you up in super speedy time. This one lasts 7-10 days, so it’s perfect for seeing me through my holiday. It’s also got a bit of an instant tint to it, so if I do manage to miss an elbow (this regularly happens) I can quickly spot it.

Stage 3 – Follow Up

Usually, I take a facial tanner on holiday with me. My face doesn’t tan at all, so I tend to end up with a bronzed body and an even paler looking face… Maybe with a burnt nose. While it can be a bit annoying, I also know it’s better to keep the wrinkles at bay with a strong sun cream. Instead, I use the Overnight Ageless Tanning Balm on my face to catch up with my body. This one I can slap on in the evening when I’m not wearing much makeup to make sure I wake up with an even glow and moisturized skin. Happy holidays.

Annnnd that’s my tanning routine all fixed up for heading away! As much as I love a good sunbathing sesh, I do think it’s better to know I don’t have to hammer it in the sunshine to get a decent tan.

Have you given any of the He-Shi tanning products a go? I’ve loved trying out the range – there are just so many options for solving those tanning conundrums!

Competition time! Head over to my Instagramchannel and comment on my He-Shi photo, sharing your favourite Summer moments. Don’t forget to tag @heshiselftan and use the hashtag #myheshisummer. Good luck!
*This post is sponsored, all views and words are my own. 
x

Popular posts from this blog

I have other shoes..honest

Evil Twin yin yang jacket & maxi skirt

BOOHOO BLOGGER SHOOT: BEHIND THE SCENES