PRE HOLIDAY TANNING PREP WITH HE-SHI
With a holiday coming up next week, I’m
super excited at the thought of bikini life. On the other hand, the thought of
baring my somewhat see-through flesh for all to see is a little bit daunting.
Pre-holiday, I like to start things off with some tanning prep. In the lead up
I’ve been using the He-Shi range, aiming for a really natural glow that’s going
to give me some extra sun lounger confidence! I’m not a tanning expert, so I’ve
really loved using these bits for no fuss bronzing – up to now I’ve found it
pretty easy, with no major tanning disasters. Hurrah!
In the couple of weeks before I head off on
my hols I start the tanning process – it’s not epic, but I work through gradual
tanner right up to instant, just to avoid glowing white on day one of the
holidays.
Stage 1 – Prep & Gradual Tan
As tedious as it can be, I know a bit of
prep goes a long way when it comes to tanning. To get things going I’ll start
out a few days earlier with a good exfoliator, followed up with a hardcore
moisturizer. Another favourite tip of mine is to bleach any of the fuzz your
leaving on your bod prior to tanning – I go all out on my arms for Scandinavian
looking blonde. I think this makes a huge difference for making tan appear more
natural… It’s how hairs go in the sun anyway!
After that, my prep moves onto a gradual
tanner – I’ve been using He-Shi’s Body
Sculpting Gradual Tan. I still see this as a prep stage, as it’s one
I can build up over time. I love that it helps to make your skin look firmer
and contoured too… After working my butt off at the gym I’m all up for some
extra help!
Stage 2 – Fast Developing Tan
After a couple of weeks going all-gradual,
I’ll probably have a last blast with a stronger tan before I jet off. For that
I’m going to use the Rapid 1 Hour
Liquid Tan, which basically does what it says – tans you up in super
speedy time. This one lasts 7-10 days, so it’s perfect for seeing me through my
holiday. It’s also got a bit of an instant tint to it, so if I do manage to
miss an elbow (this regularly happens) I can quickly spot it.
Stage 3 – Follow Up
Usually, I take a facial tanner on holiday
with me. My face doesn’t tan at all, so I tend to end up with a bronzed body
and an even paler looking face… Maybe with a burnt nose. While it can be a bit
annoying, I also know it’s better to keep the wrinkles at bay with a strong sun
cream. Instead, I use the Overnight
Ageless Tanning Balm on my face to catch up with my body. This one I
can slap on in the evening when I’m not wearing much makeup to make sure I wake
up with an even glow and moisturized skin. Happy holidays.
Annnnd that’s my tanning routine all fixed
up for heading away! As much as I love a good sunbathing sesh, I do think it’s
better to know I don’t have to hammer it in the sunshine to get a decent tan.
Have you given any of the He-Shi tanning
products a go? I’ve loved trying out the range – there are just so many options
for solving those tanning conundrums!
Competition time! Head over to my Instagramchannel and comment on my He-Shi photo, sharing your favourite Summer moments.
Don’t forget to tag @heshiselftan and use the hashtag #myheshisummer. Good
luck!
*This post is sponsored, all views and words are my own.
x





