SPRING BEAUTY FAVOURITES

I can get into a bit of a makeup rut over winter. It’s all heavy foundation to cover sallow looking skin and darker colours that I start to feel are washing me out. For the last few weeks I’ve been going for lighter options, looking for a fresher finish for Spring. These are the products that I’ve been loving for getting that dewy, light finish ready for the warmer months ahead.

Shiseido Makeup Refresher
This stuff is lovely. The sort of thing you spray and think ‘I don’t exactly know what it does but it feels nice’. For me, it just brightens everything up after I’ve packed on a bit too much powder, or ended up with the dreaded cake face. Transitioning makeup ready for warmer temperatures can be a tricky one, and this not only freshens my face up, but also gets rid of any icky patches. It’s also really refreshing when you need pepping up!

Brow Mascara
I’m so over the heavy brow. Yeah, some folk look amazing with the Instagram brow, but on me it’s just way too much… I’ve got quite a low brow so I just think it drags everything down further! Instead, I’m all about natural, fluffed up brows for Spring - something I think goes perfect with fresh-faced makeup. I’m loving brow mascaras in general, but Maybelline Brow Drama is my current favourite. I know I’ve only recently talked about it in my ‘How I Grew My Brows’ post, but it really does define the hairs, giving them enough structure to last the full day. If I am after something more defined, I just sharpen up the edges with Mac Painterly Paint Pot.

Kiko Cream Crush Eyeshadow (05)
On my eyes over Spring I’ve generally been going for a light contour colour, with something shimmery on the lid or highlighting the tear duct. The Kiko Cream Crush Eyeshadow in 05 is probably my favourite sparkly thing in my life. How pretty is it?! You only need a tiny bit for a lighter shimmer, so I just add a little with a fluffy brush. After months of taupes and mauves, I’m ready for lighter eyes.


MAC Face & Body
If I’m honest, I have of a love/hate relationship with Face & Body. Over winter, my skin is just way too dull and problematic for it to have any effect. When it gets to Spring though, I’m ready for that light wash of colour for letting my skin shine through a bit. I don’t wear half as much makeup when I’ve got more colour to my face, so I’ll just dab this on my t-zone and any issue areas. It’s a dream for pairing with a major highlight, Ania Milczarczyk style.

CAKE Highlighter
I tend to go through stages with my highlighters, but I’ve recently moved onto this one. It just gives such a warm glow, brilliant for brightening up post winter complexions. I’ve been using it on my cheeks as a blush/highlight, then a dab a little around my lip line for a real glow-y finish. I’ve also mixed a tiny bit of this with my foundation – it just adds that highlight to my face without going all Edward from Twilight.

L'Oreal Lip Palette
So this one I’m mostly loving for light lip colours on the go – I’m so sick of lugging 10+ nude lipsticks about in my handbag! These shades are really lovely for pairing with lighter Spring eye makeup. They’re natural, but pigmented enough for that noticeably pinky-nude finish. I tend to use them more like stains, patting them onto my lips for just a little colour.

x


Popular posts from this blog

THREE LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS PARTY DRESSES

PERSONAL SHOPPING AT TOPSHOP | PARTY OUTFIT IDEAS

BLACK FRIDAY DEALS AT BEAUTY BAY