22 June 2012

tutorial: feather nails


I thought I'd attempt a tutorial on these nails! The current weather situation is grim, which means outfit pictures were a no go! My attempt isn't the best.. this was first go & I think bigger feathers would work better. However, the method still applies so I thought some of you might like to see how I did it!

You'll need:

Clockwise from left: Basecoat, Topcoat, Cotton  Bud (for cleaning up!), Nail File, Scissors, Feathers

Step 1

Paint your nails with the basecoat. A colour that contrasts nicely with your feathers works best :)


Step 2

Once your nails have dried, apply the topcoat. Let it get a little tacky before putting on your feathers (I cut mine up into smaller pieces) and use something like the nail file to hold down any fiddly bits. When the feathers are stuck down securely, apply a final top coat & leave to dry.


Step 3

Cut down the feathers & give your nails a little file so there are no rough edges. You can leave your nails like this or add some extra bits & bobs :) 


Step 4 (Optional)

I decided to stick with the theme and add a little dream catcher to my ring finger. My nails are pretty tiny so I'm quite limited to the amount of detail! I just did a small circle with some extra bits on.. nothing too complicated! 


That's about it really! There are quite a few similar tutorials out there, so have a gander on google :) If anyone has any questions then feel free to ask!

x

SHARE:

24 comments

  1. These look beautiful! I never thought about using feathers before but they're gorgeous and i'll definitely be trying this xx
    snwears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cool idea! i need to try this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these nails, definitely going to try this :)X

    ReplyDelete
  4. waah, these are beeeautiful! Need to try this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooooove this! Deffo need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, these are amazing! xx
    www.musicandmae.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing, such a great idea! Will be giving these a try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are sweet, I'd never be able to do this! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Great idea too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen a tutorial like this before, these look so unique and pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so much fun! i love how 'boho' it looks, will be trying this when my nails grow longer :)

    x Jordan
    - Boho Vanity -

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!
    Definitely gonna try these!!! Something tells me mine won't turn out like that though, hahah

    Sara xx
    www.meugh.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's a great idea! love this post! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look amazing! love the dreamcatchers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are amazing, I love the idea :)

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  16. the dreamcatcher is sooooo cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What? No way you did these with feathers! I love them! So creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. super cool post! I love it!!
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig