20 August 2012

DIY Bitching & Junkfood dress


Hat - Market, Dress - DIY, Bracelet - Vintage 

So I took these pictures at the start of the summer & never got round to putting them up. I usually like to have a little creative project while I'm off uni, & this was one of the things I ended up making. I didn't really like it at first but now I think it's kinda cool. I'd seen a Bitching & Junkfood dress that I seriously loved, but pennies were a little tight. This is my 'inspired' version, as it ended up being quite different. I've only got the basic sewing skills that my mamma taught me so I suppose it isn't bad!

I was going to do a tutorial, but in the end I confused myself that much that I don't think I'd have made any sense! If I did it again, I'd just have bought a camo vest & black maxi & stitched them together. Obviously that would have been way too logical.. ha. You live you learn! If anyone does have any questions then I'll do my best to answer them :)

Check out Georgia looking absolutely LUSH in the Bitching & Junkfood version. She is one stylish lady.

x

SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Love this dress. I actually think your version is better than the original! haha Like the low scoop arm holes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia your style is sooo sick! Love this dress as if u made it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. still good craftsmanship :-) the more you make the better and more confident you will get in sewing more items, keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing job beaut! love this dress and it looks lovely on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool dress! Love it. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you beaut. And hello sexy side booooob! I love this, and think you've done a good job of the sewing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. woweee! camo love! You stunner xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous dress!
    I love it with the hat :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute :) xoxo

    http://mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sewing skills are infinitely better than mine, looks beautiful in a grungy way :)I really wanted that dress too!! my best friend bought it grrr

    F X

    www.eventhoughimskint.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this outfit!!
    great
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool DIY you look amazing. So different as well! Love visiting your blog xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dress looks amazing, really love it! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dress, it looks so nice! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that's amazing! I've tried to make a dress once before and it went so so wrong, you've inspired me to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the beanie, esp the color!

    -Jenn
    chīsana blogger

    ReplyDelete
  17. This DIY is amazing, regardless of if it went a bit haywire. It's perfect for this autumn/winter with camo having a real comeback.

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw it looks gorgeous, well done you. did you handstitch? Also, how did you do your eye make up? im perving over it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! some of it was handstitched & some of it was on the machine.. I think I've just got a smokey eye really! with quite a lot of black around the corners of my eyes :) hope that helps! xx

      Delete
  19. Love this dress, camo is always a winner! Fabulous DIY, perfect for this A/W too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, can't believe you made this... its blooming amazing :) I thought it was Topshop boutique or something. You look stunning.

    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I'm being honest I like your version a lot better, I don't know why you didn't like it or didn't think you did a very good job because I think it looks amazing! I actually think it looks more expensive than the Bitching & Junkfood version too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous houtfit, love the hat too <3
    http://ohmyolivia.blogspot.co.uk/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! Love your style mama.

    ♥ With Love,
    Tisha Jade of NeverJaded.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig