9 March 2014

DIY FRILLY CONVERSE



Converse & Fabric Glue- c/o USC, Lace - Hobby Craft

Back when I first started blogging, I used to do the odd DIY post. However, as time went on and uni became one big stress, I guess I kind of lost my creative side. Thankfully, I'm now back to my usual ways.. Y'know, saving bits of ribbon for a project you may never get round to?! 

This little creative burst came from a DIY challenge set by USC.. basically, the task was to 'doll' up a pair of Converse. As a Converse lover (everyone's got a scruffy old pair lying around right?!), I thought this would be the perfect excuse to put my own stamp on a pair. For me, that meant making them all girly.. combining trainers & my favourite frilly socks to create a frilly Converse hybrid. I'm probably beyond the age when I should be wearing this kind of thing but BOO to being an adult!

Making these was dead easy, so please excuse my (shoddy) Blue Peter esq. tutorial! It's a bit 'stating the obvious' and I'm sure you'd all be fully capable of working it out yourselves but I just thought it was something fun to film.. although I may or may not have ended up with glue on my mum's new bedding (sorry Ma!). 

x
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Wahhh, this is such a brilliant idea! I'll deffo have to get doing this! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, they look great. Very creative!
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogpsot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woh these are so cool! Thanks for sharing x

    If you have a moment it would be lovely if you checked out my new blog Electric Soiree

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look reallyyyy cool xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute! :D these look adorable,and such a cute fun way to change the look of your converse,making them a little more unique,thanks for the inspo :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these, great idea!

    www.thestylecheck.com
    www.thebeautycheck.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are really cute! I have heard of sticking gems to the toe of converse but never this. Would love to give it a try! And yes I do that too, any presents I get with ribbons attached, giftboxes, old clothes, lace, buttons. I keep them all just incase I feel creative!

    Emma
    www.thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! They look great! x

    http://jessica-chelsey.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a perfect idea Lydia! I love them (I just need to own some Converse now!) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I'm in love. Definitely DIYing my next pair of hi tops! Thanks for sharing :)

    Helen x // Beautiful Curiosities

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, love them!!! Very creative dear!
    Lena
    http://skinnycature.wordpress.com/2014/03/09/stylefruits-march-giveaway-2/

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a cute idea, deffo gonna try this!!
    ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a cute idea! It's not difficult at all and it looks really pretty, thanks for the awesome video :)

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig