29 March 2015

BLOGGING: WHAT PEOPLE THINK I DO.. WHAT I ACTUALLY DO


I think without intending to I've ended up with these daft blogging posts becoming a bit of a series.. I love having a giggle at anything relatable (I spend half my life reading the '20 things you'll realise in your twenties' sort of posts..), and for me this is all relevant. It's kind of a follow on from the Blogger's Misconceptions post I did.. I think anyone who blogs quickly realises that not everyone 'gets' blogging. So, here's what people think I do, and what I actually do.. 

What my friends think I do - sit in a mountain of freebies.

Yeah, bloggers do indeed get their fair share of freebies thrown their way, so it's kind of understandable. Not many of my friends are really into the whole blogging scene so getting a few things in the post every now and then is a bit of a novelty. It is really lovely and I do appreciate it, but it does come with work attached. 

What my parents think I do - spend my life sat playing Candy Crush.

Or reading the Daily Mail. Or sat on Tumblr. Don't get me wrong, my parents couldn't be more supportive when it comes to me blogging - but there are definitely times when my Ma is running about with the hoover, getting mega annoyed with me while she thinks I'm just sat here having a good old time on Bejewelled. 

What society thinks I do - talk about how important fashuuun is.

I sometimes think people see bloggers as a bit pretentious.. Like all we've got going on is talking about lipstick and whether a meal is suitably Instagrammable. While I like faffing about with new makeup and talking about the top I bought at the weekend, it doesn't mean it's what my world revolves around. 

What my other half thinks I do - spend forever taking selfies.

Actually based on my phone's gallery this one is probably correct. Lol. I ask my other half a lot to help out with taking blog pictures, and begrudgingly he does oblige. While he does appreciate that my blog is important to me, there are times when I think he could do without me taking 10 pictures of my chosen lipstick before I find one I'm happy with. 

What I actually do - sit in my little internet bubble with too many tabs open wondering what the fudge to write. 

Mess. Too many tabs. Having strops when pictures don't go right. Doing too many things at daft o'clock. Contrary to how this sounds, I do love blogging, but I think sometimes people just see the 'fluffy' stuff - the freebies and the selfies on Instagram and the fact that you look totally zoned out sat on the laptop when you've actually been working on something all day. Y'know?

Let me know if there's any you can relate with!

x


SHARE:

32 comments

  1. This post couldn't be more accurate.

    mycluelessmind.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post too much! It really made me smile at the reality that comes with all of this!
    Gorgeous blog hun, keep up your hard work!

    Charlotte // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. As a blogger, I can relate to everything you said. Keep up the great work.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahha I can so totally relate to this! Especially the other half thing haha. "OMG Jess, I've taken about a million photos now" is the most common phrase haha xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, when I talk I'm busy writing posts i'm 100% sure my mum thinks I'm lying and just sitting on twitter (which I do do occaionally ahha)

    CLOTHING CONSCIOUS// FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, I love this post! Every single one is so true, especially the bejewlled blitz one. My family don't get blogging at all. xxx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a relatable post, so funny the differences between what people think bloggers do and what they actually do! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post - while I'm relatively new to blogging, even I can see how different the preconceptions are to reality! Made me giggle, I think these sorts of posts are fab!

    lucy | luceellen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely relate to the last one! Forever have too many tabs open. Love your blog, always read your posts and I really love these ones about bloggers. Would love if you would have a browse on mine and let me know if you have any tips or comments its www.jadelamode.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these posts, not only because they make me laugh, but also because its a relief to realise we're all in the same fashionable blogging boat. People can be so judgmental, but also very supportive and interested in blogging. I get asked about it all the time & I get the impression some people think its a vain hobby with free clothes. A small part true but there is a lot of hard, un seen work behind blogging, plus lots of multiple tabs and stressing over weather/lighting! x

    www.stylepetal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is great! I'm doing the same things as you so i must be on the right track!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's funny because it's true! Love this post! Laura x
    www.laurarebeccasmith.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this post made me laugh! an definitely relate to most of these!

    Rachel // Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  14. probably an educated in-sight into your life lyd bit i'm still so jealous! really appreciate these types of posts actually, its a series im enjoying :-)

    www.lovefromlorna.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, loved this post so much, so so relatable!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never related more to a post than this one! Some of the things, like the first 2 you mentioned, can be super frustrating but funny at the same time!

    Priyanka | http://glamourandgiggles19.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it!! I'm addicted to your blog!! haha
    xx Carli

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've only just started blogging and I can already relate haha. Love your blog by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is brilliant and so true!! Not sure what my family think but friends deffo see just free stuff when I sit at home trying to think of posts or how to grow my blog because it isn't easy! :') Xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a funny post - very relatable! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this. So true, my friends really don't 'get it'.

    www.nicolabhamra.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. exactly!!! :/

    http://bendan.me

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaha that's so relatable!!! loved it

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha great post!! I'm sure all your friends secretly love reading your blog and what you do though!

    kathrynscupcakes.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds realistic! Great job though!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've finally got round to starting a blog after reading all of your blogging posts.
    Felt like I was missing out haha!

    http://fringedblog.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  27. love this post!! xx
    www.nicolecoltman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. My other half is exactly the same with taking photos and can't seem to understand that so many are needed for just one photo! I totally agree with the freebies bit too! They always come with work attached!

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig