10 March 2015

CULOTTES & ANTIQUES TRIPS

Hair - The Blow, Scarf - Boohoo, Jacket - c/o Oh My Love London, White Tee - Primark, Culottes - Primark, Boots - c/o Dorothy Perkins 

To be honest, this outfit was 'mehhh'. Nothing too swish or majorly on trend, just comfort for a quick trip out round the antiquesy places. It was a couple of weeks back now (forever finding snaps lurking in iPhoto that I completely forgot about), just after I'd had my hair done at The Blow.. I'd managed to make the plaits last overnight and quickly shoved it in a ponytail. I've since tried replicating that big chunky braid and mine are just nowhere near as good.. Back to the YouTube tutorials to practise ha.

Here I mostly wanted to get my culottes worn. I just cannot work out how to wear them while it's still cold.. Any ideas?! I'm not sure if tights will look totally ridiculous and I'm definitely too much of a wimp to brave them with bare legs. I'm hoping I can still wear them over spring/summer without looking like I'm beyond late to the culottes party.

I'm currently on the hunt for a camel/grey long coat that will last me for winters beyond - hence the trip to a few vintage spots. I want something good quality, but seeing as I'm forever doing things cheap I also want a bargain. I've seen loads of beautiful ones but up to now they've all been tent like on me. Along the way I did manage to pick up a few teacups & some other little trinkets for the house I will one day own (right now I can maybe afford a brick..). I love going round these places jam packed full of every kind of antique. The initialed suitcases were my favourites.. I like getting a little carried away wondering who E.M.N might have been!

x
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. you look lovely, such a nice casual look ! love the scarf x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. forever envying your hair Lydia and girl, I'm sure you could totally pull off culottes even with tights, you're just that stylish <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit :)

    www.helloellaxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. \Your hair looks amazing, so elegant. Also in love with that Hogwarts sign, and now finding I desperately want one in my life. Great post!

    http://thebrookeoffashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    Emily

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the culottes, so stylish!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice look and photos !

    Win Makeup Revolution FULL LIPSTICK COLLECTION !
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the ultimate plait queen tbh! I'm obsessed with this hairstyle! I know you're saying it's you're off duty look, but the whole thing just looks so effortlessly chic - much love!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit, hair is looking fab!

    TINYTWISST.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you styled your hair!
    http://peachyrage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a cheeky look through my Mothers wardrobe and found the perfect vintage camel coat.. winner! xx

    VanessaVonJames | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great, especially for a throw it on outfit! Your hair looks beautiful! I definitely think you can wear culottes with tights in the winter!

    www.wewearsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the chunky scarf! I always wonder about the the people who have owned any vintage pieces I've bought too! X

    Black and Navy on the blog-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  13. What was the tattoo-like silver thing across your finger?! Looks so cool!

    Lav xx

    Jottings Of Love

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your jacket
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think how you styled them here looks great, while it's still a bit chilly I would put boots with them too! xx

    www.stylepetal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look lovely Lydia, nice post, vintage shopping looks like fun :)

    Charlotte Harvs

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice x

    http://www.annie97x.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I given up on my culottes in the cold weather, no idea how to wear them. i love that big tartan scarf, looks cosy
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig