10 September 2015

MY FAVOURITE MAC LIP LINERS


I always think lip liners are a bit underrated. Yeah, they're the sort of thing you can go totally crazy with and end up looking like a bit of a plonka (I have..), but I also think they're really useful to have in your makeup stash. I wear lip liner a lot more than I wear lipstick, which probably isn't how they're designed to be used but for me I just prefer a more precise application. At 6am when I'm getting ready I am a klutz. After my post on my fave MAC nudes I thought I'd do a round up on the lip liners I really love. I know I've had a few MAC posts recently but I do find they do some of the best colour ranges, particularly for lips.

Vino
A good one for heading into A/W. It's a really rich colour that acts as a nice base for darker lipsticks. If I want to go all out for a bold lip that'll stay on my lips without going smushy then this is the one I go for.

Stripdown
Favourite ever. It's a 'proper' nude - natural, without making you look dead. It's almost an ashy undertone, which I love for a really simple lip. I wear this most days and I find its the easiest to use for braving a bit of over lining. 

Whirl
Even after confirmation this wasn't the answer to Kylie's mega plumped up lips I still think this is a good one. It's a pinky-nude, slightly more feminine than Stripdown. 

Hover
My newest purchase and most worn over the last couple of weeks. It's described as a rich caramel brown, but I think it's way more wearable than a brown lip sounds. I think it's the warmth to it that helps out. I love it with a bit of Whirl lipstick over the top for an extra bit of pink.

Plum
To me, this is in-between a dark lip shade (I'm thinking Vino) and a nude. It's the sort of thing I go for over colder months.. When I'm not quite ready to brave statement lips during the daytime. This I find a safer option - darker than usual without being too 'yo look at my mouth it's all gothic and fabulous'. 

x
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Whirl looks like my kind of colour, I need to try it out at some point I think!
    Maddy // £100 FeelUnique Voucher Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get so overwhelmed with the choice when it comes to picking a MAC lipliner, so it's nice to see a few of the popular ones all laid out here together!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stripdown is my favourite lip liner of all time! I think paired with velvet teddy its beautiful
    http://www.thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of Stripdown I am always on the look for a good nude xx

    www.franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors are super pretty !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want all of them! I always apply lipsticks with lip liners because I think they help to prolong the lasting power and make your lips look a lot plumpier! x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seem to be reaching for brown shades as it's coming up to Autumn...It will never beat a berry lip though!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely keeping some of these in mind for my next Mac haul, especially Whirl since Soar seems to be forever sold out.

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to wear Stripdown so often, I really need to pick up another one of these days. Right now I am loving Too Faced Perfect Lip Liner in Nude x
    Beauty Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love whirl so much! It is such a staple in my make up look - so awesome paired with velvet teddy! And they also just brought it out at a lipstick shade x

    poundingyounghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have hover and stripdown and they are my absolute favourite lipliners! Hover and faux lipstick make the perfect lip combo x

    thelondonteacher.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh nice post! I swear by stripdown xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen Hover! It looks so nice. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favourites are Spice, Soar and Dervish. I love them because I can also use them as a lipstick. I adore you choose and I was looking for some good ones and I needed a post with swatches to make my decision!

    http://www.cojograab.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the MAC lipliner in Soar and live by it! Need to try these shades out too - love vino!

    Jess
    myblogjessica.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're right lip liners are so under rated! I think they're so easy and useful!
    Jo xxx


    http://freckkleface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. All such gorgeous colours, but I think my favourite is whirl and I'm definitely going to have to pick it up for myself!
    Eloise xx
    http://www.beautyhype.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig