19 November 2015

THE CHLOÉ FAYE EBAY DUPE


via eBay
The Chloé Faye seems to be the 'it' bag right now. Understandably so... It is freeeeaking fabulous. If you're like me though, you'd have to sell your left kidney to get one. Actually, I'd probably need to sell the right one too. Instead, I was on the hunt for an 'inspired' style. 

This one I found on eBay for £17.90 after searching 'chain satchel'. It took a bit of a hunt, but the Gods of cheap eBay crap eventually delivered. It's also from a UK seller so no waiting 6 months for it to arrive from the other side of the world! Don't get me wrong, it's quite clearly not a Chloé handbag - you can't expect incredible quality for under 20 quid, but it will certainly last me this season. It's not a carbon copy either (there's a Jessica Buurman version I'm tempted by that's much more of a likeness) but if anything, I'm happy with something that isn't an exact match. I don't want a handbag that looks like I'm actually trying to pass off a fake as the legit version, or seem like I've unknowingly thought I've got £1500 handbag for the bargain of £50, you know? I'd rather it just be something along the lines of the Faye look, not an 'is it? or isn't it?' sort of thing. To be honest, no one in my local area of mostly 70+ even knows what a bloody Chloé Faye bag is. 

I know dupes aren't for everyone, and if someone delivered a Chloé bag shaped baby I would be happy to adopt, but for now, there's no chance I'll be spending nearly 2k on an accessory. Sigh... One day!  

Now is anyone can find one with silver hardware then hook me up - I don't normally wear gold, but for £17.90 I can cope. 

x
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Hi Lydia! I love your blog so much. I've been following it for a while now. You inspired to create my own one and I would be so happy now if you checked it out whenever you find the time to do so. Lots of love x Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaa this is amazing!! Gorgeous colour! X

    www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh been lusting after that bag for a while now! Defo going to have to order the eBay version RIGHT THIS SECOND, such a great find from you!

    http://katie-iona.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the link for the eBay bag?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the link for the eBay bag? :) thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a really great dupe. I've been seriously lusting after a Chloe Faye bag since it launched, but it's way out of my price range at the moment.

    Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purse looks so beautiful and I can't believe you found it for such a cheap price!

    a small bit | bloglovin | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bag and the jumper so much x

    Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is incredible! I really love the finish of the material too - looks so deceptively luxe! I adore this bag, I see it everywhere and lust over it..a dupe may well be the way forward! Thank you for sharing. x

    Lucy Amelia | flawedfairytale

    ReplyDelete
  10. This bag is gorgeous! I love all the detailing <3

    Check out my blog <3 | ANASOFIACHIC
    @anasofiachic

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely! And you're right, you don't want an exact dupe. If anything, I really like the individuality of this one. Kinda looks like a unique handmade piece from Etsy, ya know? Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I prefer similar versions too rather than exact dupes... I'm also quite fickle when it comes to bags so I'd much rather spend a little amount on something like this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just added this to my watch list as they are currently sold out! I really want one! x
    TheWeeBlondie

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this. I have it in my basket ready to purchase on pay day! :-) http://www.pinkchickclaire.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a good dupe! I would also have to sell an organ to be able to afford a Chloe bag so I'll definitely be purchasing one of these babies soon.

    Thanks for sharing such a great find.

    eat, write + explore | bloglovin' | instagram

    ReplyDelete
  16. so good! amazing ebay find.
    xx
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This bag is gorgeous!

    I agree, for a few thousand I'd rather buy loads of different items of clothing. Although I am a sucker for nice designer bags, I still buy second hand and I prefer to buy larger bags that I'd get a lot of use out of.

    I think this bag looks great, and for the price, it's an absolute bargain and i'll definitely be picking it up to give my outfits that "high end" look without the price tag.

    Love Charlotte Elizabeth xo
    www.charlotteelizabethblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm off to buy this right now, it's an awesome alternative and I agree I don't like I carbon copy either
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every single time I go on Ebay I am like "what does Lydia types to find stuff in here?" You're like the Indiana Jones of eBay I swear !

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I simply adore this bag!

    xoxo, Colli
    tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've legit been looking for a dupe for this bag for i dont even know how long!!
    thank you thank you thank you.

    https://toujoursennoir.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig