17 December 2015

5 MAKEUP BRUSHES YOU NEED

I see a lot of fancy pants makeup brushes out there and I'm just like 'I have no idea what the fudge I'm meant to use this for'. Admittedly, I have got a plethora of brushes, but when it comes down to it a lot of them are similar versions of the same thing. With that, I wanted to talk the brushes you actually need in your life. Scrap the various varieties of the 21whatsits, if I really had to narrow it down to 5, and still manage my to put on makeup without looking like a 4 year old had had a go, these would be the ones I'd go for. 

I feel like I've probably spent far too much of my life blending out freaking eyeshadow. Meh. Blend until you can blend no more right?! The blending brush is pretty much my ultimate. Whether it's just a bit of shadow for a daytime look or the whole shebang with a smokey eye Kimmy K would be proud of, it's something I use every day. I always think it's always worth investing in a few blending brushes - I use them so much I find it's easier in between washes to have one for lighter shadows, darker tones and shimmery finishes. 
Everyone needs a blush brush in their life I reckon. I don't even really wear blush, but I still use this all the time, especially now we're meant to work out how to contour our faces within an inch of our lives - I always need something for blending things out when I've gone a bit over the top! This one from Real Techniques isn't overly expensive & has lasted me well without shedding.

Flat Brush (MAC 252)
I didn't actually ever have this one on my 'brush wishlist', but I'm so glad the MAC lady swayed me into it. It's such a good multi-use option. I think it's probably designed for concealer, but I use it for way more than just that - foundation, contouring, neatening up my brows, applying primer, the lot. Definitely a good all-rounder for base makeup. 
Tapered Brush (Sigma F37 Spotlight Diffuser)
This Sigma one is a newbie to my collection, but it's replaced an older version that was way past it's best. Out of all 5 this is the one that I'd say is less of a necessity, but to me it's still a brush that does what others don't. I mean, how am I meant to set my under eye concealer without it?! It's just a great shape for the awkward areas, as well as being a goodie for highlighter & a bit of contouring. 
Buffing Brush (Real Techinques Buffing Brush - Core Collection Kit)
One of my favourite brushes from Real Techniques. When I use a brush for foundation, this is always my go to... I just feel like it requires minimum effort to smudge out any streaky bits & patchy areas. I've had this one ages, but when it finally dies a death I'll be straight out to get another.

So there we have it... The ones I'd go for if I was starting a brush collection. If I added on from this I'd go for a brow brush next (I use pencil a lot and sharpen things up with the flat brush, so I don't always see it as an immediate essential) and then a beauty blender as a brush alternative.  What makeup brushes are your favourites?
x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post, I'm useless with makeup but have recently got right into it and I really want to learn how do it myself, so it's useful to know what products and brushes etc that people use and for what. I never realised how much of a difference the brush makes on the look too! Real Techniques are my go to brush, they're great quality and really inexpensive!

    JosieVictoriaa // josievictoriaa.blogspot.co.uk // Lifestlye, Travel and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite make up bush is Real Techniques expert face brush. I literally cannot part with it because of how well it blends and buffs my foundation into my skin! Really want to get some Sigma brushes next! x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with my buffing brush!! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig