31 December 2015

BEAUTY FAVOURITES FROM 2015

For me, 2015 has been a good year for beauty. I've been way more into the beauty side of blogging  (my bank balance would agree), encouraging myself to step away from my usual makeup bag favourites, and try out some new bits & bobs. Some new additions have become firm favourites, others will lurk in my 'I'll never use this but I refuse to throw this out' drawer. When it comes to the things I've been loving, here are the bits that made it into my top 10. 
Big love for this stuff. As someone with dull skin, with yellowish/greenish undertones (thanks life... apparently I have the DNA of a Simpson), this makes such a difference for brightening up my skin. I mainly use it when I'm making an effort with my makeup (can't be wasting Chanel on any old day!), but I love how it makes my skin look so much healthier.

I had to throw this one in there, although I'm still on the lookout for something to replace this as my go-to foundation. I do love Double Wear.... I have done for a good few years, but I know it's a heavy old thing that I see as a bit of a comfort blanket - something to really plaster over the imperfections. For bad skin bouts, this is something I always go back to.

My most used concealer this year, although I probably haven't used it that much to conceal. More for sharpening things up and a bit of contouring. It's now a big part of my brow routine, using it with a flat brush to neaten up any fuzzy areas. It's also a good one for doing the same with lip products - I'm absolutely rubbish with lip liner. 

This one I love because it's a really cheap alternative. I always get it when I've got one of those No. 7 vouchers, so it costs under a fiver?! Something like that. For those in-between brush wash times, I find this is what I go for. 
Probably one of my favourite beauty purchases from 2015. I've never used the Beauty Blender, but as this is such a cheap option, I don't think I'm that bothered about trying it. Plus, this works perfectly for me! The main thing is using it wet - it makes such a difference. These days I rarely bother using a foundation brush to do my base makeup as I find this just applies so much easier with better results. 
 Illamasqua Eyeshadows (Forgiveness & Vernau)
I've stocked up on a few of the Illamasqua powder shadows this year. I just find the colour range is really lovely, and they apply well on me. Forgiveness & Vernau are a couple of my favourites - they look great on their own or as more of a socket contour when using shimmer shadows. 

I was using a really cheap loose powder before I went back to this one... I'd forgotten how good it is in comparison! It's such a finely milled powder that you barely notice it going on, unlike others I've tried where I end up in a fog of dust that's then difficult to blend. A really light option, that gets rid of any shiny t-zone woes. 
We all knew I'd be sticking this one in there. It's as beautiful on as it looks in the pan - a pink toned gleam that I'm forever layering up on my cheekbones (highlight brighter than my future thaaaanks). I've tried a fair few highlighters this year, what with strobing being a bit of a thing, and this one is hands down my favourite. 


My go-to for saying bye bye to the moon face. This one probably is a bit too dark for me (the highlight I don't use as much), but I love it for a really defined contour. If powder contouring products are your thing then this is well worth a try. 

My most used bronzer this year. I know not everyone's into shimmery bronzing products, but I just think this gives such a glowy finish. As someone who likes to feel like they've got a good deal, I love that it's a multi use product. All of the shades I've used separately at some point - the lightest tone makes an amazing highlight. 


x
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Happy New Year Lydia! This is such a great post, I've definitely added a couple of those products to my wishlist. I've been after a good brush cleaner for a while, so will definitely try it out x
    http://georgie-awaywiththefairies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That illuminator looks like silk. Laura Mercier is literally the best x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are a lover of high end products, can't beat the quality!

    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the real techniques brushes so I deffo need to give the sponge a try!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently started using the real techniques complexion sponge and I find that my foundation looks so much better

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mum has always been loyal to Estee Lauder's Double Wear and after trying it out couple of times myself, I know I will be purchasing this soon after I run out of my NARS sheer glow! x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All such lovely products!
    www.missamyguest.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks! They're beautiful x
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big fan of the MAC studio finish concealer .. I really want to try out the Real Techniques sponge.. those Illamasqua eyeshadows are gorgeous x

    www.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've loved the RT sponge too, and the illamasqua sculpting duo looks fab!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Illamasqua eyeshadows and the Laura Mercier illuminator look incredible! I am definitely adding them to my shopping list. I am a big fan of the real techniques sponge also <3

    We have done a 2015 Favourites post also, we would love if you could check it out if you have a chance :) http://beautifulbedlamblog.com/?p=719 Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig