5 January 2016

THINGS ACTUALLY WORTH BUYING FROM EBAY

I'm a bit of an eBay-aholic. I love that you can have a good old hunt around to find things you wouldn't normally find on the highstreet... And it's cheap. I'm regularly searching along the lines of 'blogger eBay must haves', as I've found some amaaazing bargains that way! So, I thought I'd share some of my faves. Admittedly, I've had some horrors from eBay (cheap isn't always best), but these are the bits I definitely think you're worth buying.

1. Makeup tools.

One of my favourites to browse for on eBay. There's a whopping variety and prices are cheeeeap. I've had some decent makeup brush sets that have worked well as back ups... Y'know, when the favourites are needing a wash. I picked up the toothbrush looking foundation brush for a few pounds... I'm mainly intrigued by the novelty of it, so I wasn't up for splurging on an expensive option. The Beauty Blenders I got for contouring, although I'm giving myself 3 weeks until I've lost both... They're tiddly tiny!
Beauty Blender Minis / Sillicone Makeup Brush Tool / Oval Makeup Brush

2. Designer 'inspired' items.

Okay, the designer knock off isn't for everyone, but I don't mind something that's just a nod towards the no-chance-of-me-being-able-to-afford option. Yeah, I probably wouldn't dare wear eBay's under £20 answer to the ChloĆ© Faye for LFW, but for the usual day to day stuff, I'm not that bothered. I always think
ChloĆ© Inspired Chain Satchel / YSL Inspired Quilted Tassel Bag 

3. Print tees.

Another favourite eBay search - 'slogan tshirts'... You can find such a good variety! I bought this 'Nope' tee the other week which seemed appropriate as I guess I can be a bit of a misery. I've always got a few different prints on my watch list... I know I'll end up buying some more when it comes to summer & I'm after tees to cut into crops!
'Nope' T-Shirt / 'Anti You' T-Shirt / 'Black Is My Happy Colour' T-Shirt

4. Blogger props.

I get loads of bits to use in flat lays from eBay, mostly because it's a quick & easy option. I can do a quick search, usually find what I'm looking for with minimal fuss and have it by the end of the week. Faux flowers are a good one to go for, as well as different backgrounds. I've just ordered the Marble Self Adhesive Film to use for pictures & maybe a DIY project when I move out. The White Wood option is another nice option for light, bright photos!
Marble Self Adhesive Film / Faux Roses / White Wood Adhesive Film

5. Bikinis.

Okay, I'm completely out of season, but I've had some pretty decent bikinis from eBay in my time. For my last holiday I think around 3 of the 8+ (one a day, plus extras... obviously!) I took away with me were eBay purchases, for under a tenner. I do think it's the sort of thing that takes a bit more research though - there are some bikini sights out there. I'd say look for good imagery on the post - if it's the same picture with different colours photoshopped in then it could be a bit iffy. Good ones for me have been crochet beach tops & basic bikini bottoms.

Crochet Bikini / Brazillian Bikini Bottoms / Backless One Piece (American Apparel style!)

And the one thing I'd always advise to not bother with? LEGGINGS. I've been there, I've thought 'what the hell?!' when they're only £3 and I've bought them. No matter how many times that eBay seller claims they're not see through, chances are your knicks are gonna be on show. 

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I very rarely buy anything from eBay, but I need to change that ASAP!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha yeah Ebay leggings... Or they're 'one size fits all' but not nearly workable for me and I'm a size 10 :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those make up tools look very tempting, I might have a look for bikinis too I would have never thought of looking there for some x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always forget about eBay, maybe it's because I'm not that good at searching for things on there. I never find anything good so this post is super helpful for me. Think I may order some faux flowers for my blogging background. Thanks for a brilliant post Lydia xx

    DeeDee Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a useful post! When you buy things like the beauty blenders (I've just got into them and am obsessed - I need the small ones!) Do you think they're the real deal/as good as?
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with all the above :) you always write such interesting and different pieces x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post, really love the back x

    Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Really love the bag x

    Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dying to try one of these little makeup brushes! x

    www.bethgarget.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah just bought that make up brush cleaner glove thing! love ebay but you're right you've got to pick and buy wisely! xx

    isobel's personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog. Thank you :) so helpful X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been lusting over one of those brushes for ages. Was wondering do you use it for foundation application and does it work well? Great Post.

    Sophie: Www.itscultured.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this post was so helpful, might make an ebay account very soon haha

    www.jaya-sanghera.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, I always love ebay for cheap iphone cases and I've always been aware of designer copies but I also love it for scouring for vintage and pre-owned designer clothes too. x

    electraviolet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been apprehensive for years to buy anything from eBay...maybe I should finally give it a try! Love the slogan tops!

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I just spent the past 10 minutes searching ebay for swimwear, and I'm hooked! Definitely ordering some for this summer. Do you have any more tips on purchasing to avoiding getting duped lol?

    hellozauni.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never think of eBay when I'm on the hunt of or something but I think you've just changed my mind!

    Aimee | www.just-cwtch.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please make more of these posts! I love thiss!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post - I have had lots of beauty items from Ebay!!

    Rachael xox

    http://gatsbyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig