28 April 2016

SPRING STYLE | CROPPED DENIM


To me, Spring is a great time to for a denim update. It’s when I like to dig out some of my lighter washes, and maybe treat myself to a new fit for the warmer months ahead. In the past I’ve gone with Mom jeans and slouchy boyfriend shapes, but this year I’m heading for the crop.

The cut off style was actually one I wasn’t sure about – I guess I initially though it’d be something like the pairs I used to go for in the noughties, matched with a strappy top and white eye shadow (I think it’s universal that we’re all not okay with the fact that teens are now skipping this stage). Instead, the style now seems a lot more ‘grown up’, something that my 24-year-old self can get away with.

The pair I’m wearing here are new in from H&M… A casual, lighter wash just right for this in-between season where the weather can’t quite make it’s mind up. It may only be a little ankle flash, but it’s a nod to warmer temperatures to come, without freezing your nips off.   

I’ve mostly been wearing these with my mid heels to lengthen my legs out a bit. I do feel like I need an extra bit of height in this cut, but for keeping things casual I love those blocky heels. I hope I get round to wearing this denim pair on a summer night out though – I’m sure they’d be larrrvely with a strappy black heel & off the shoulder top. In my head I’ve got Dirty Dancing vibes crossed with Sandy from Grease? 

Sunglasses - CĂ©line / Jumper - Primark / Jacket - H&M / Bag - H&M / Jeans - H&M / Mid Heels - Topshop

SHOP THE LOOK
x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. the denim looks so cool! great look x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of cropped jeans this year also, I've only really bought into the cropped flares trend but after seeing this post I'll totally be treating myself to a pair similar to these - I love how they look and how you've styled them with that block heel!

    Amy at The Girl in the Bowler Hat
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love those jeans and how you've styled them!

    rachel // Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the denim.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey,I just found your blog,and can I say I really admire your blogging commitment. That archive though!

    You go girl! Keep up the amazing work.


    www.roliedema.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cut and style looks really great on you, I wish I could pull them off x

    Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these jeans, such cool 70's vibes! Beautiful outfit.

    www.tinytwisst.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get myself some cropped jeans, especially for summer! I love the frayed edges on those ones ^

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look Lydia, the jeans go perfect with the shoes that I'm oh so jealous of x

    Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the denim trend too! you look great, love your style!

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig