10 April 2014

BEST DRESSED JUDGE AT THE GRAND NATIONAL

Images
Outfit
Hat - Accessorize, Dress - Dorothy Perkins, Jacket - H&M, Bag & Shoes - Primark

Ooooh now this is a biggie for me! The weekend just gone, I only went & tripped off to be guest 'Best Dressed' judge for Ladies Day at The Grand National.  When Liverpool ONE & Think Publicity got in touch about it I had one of those 'ummmm YES' moments. I've never actually been to the races so I was excited about everything from putting my first bet on (I won a whole £4.. I'm not retiring yet!) to finding a pretty little outfit.

On the day itself, t he Think Publicity team looking after us made us all feel very 'VIP'.. I definitely kept having a moment of 'is this real life?!'. When the time for judging arrived it was all mega exciting, with some totallyyy fabulous girls & guys making their way to the judging area. After narrowing it down to our top 3, my lovely finalist Becky Nightingale only went & won! Now, I will admit that I'm a teeny bit jealous of that fancy holiday and £250 a month to spend at Liverpool ONE. Eeep.. a shopping trip would be on the cards!

Outfit wise, I was completely thrifty with my race day attire. I'm still not exactly 'in the money' (one day Lyd, one day!), so I wanted to keep my outfit to a budget. Plus, I think it's nice to show you can do this sort of thing and get dolled up without spending a small fortune! In total, everything I'm wearing came to just over £100.. not bad eh?! The dress was a little steal, only £35 but I still think it looks feminine yet formal. I'm just going to make a little apology to my shoes too.. they were £12 from Primark & I moaned throughout the day about them being ugly. However, I've since decided I love them. They were as comfy as my laziest trainers and didn't even sink in the grass!

Huge thanks to Liverpool ONE, the guys & girls at Think Publicity & Novotel for an extra faaaabulous weekend. 

x
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Seems like a nice event !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely!!

    www.studdedkisses.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, so elegant and cute, love the colours on you!
    Imogen
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk
    Ps well done for being a judge looks like you had a looovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a lovely race outfit, some of the things people turn up in are too much for my liking but this is classic and feminine - you look lovely
    Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk
    NOMINATE ME FOR BEST PERSONAL STYLE BLOG NEWCOMER HERE !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit you look so elegant and gorgeous! Glad you had a good day being treated like a VIP
    P.S I'm running a giveaway at the moment if you want to enter:) x
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks fun! It's interesting to see you in something a little unusual to your style. And I think it's great that you managed to keep this outfit budget friendly! x

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit looks great! I'd love to get dressed up like that for the day x

    Emma | The Fashion Six

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous outfit; I love that dress! xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on being a judge I bet that was amazing hun and I love you dress, I'm heading to the Grand national in 2 months and I have no clue what to wear, its good to see that you dont have to spend a fortune. xx
    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig