19 July 2015

WAYS TO DE-STRESS

If you're like me, life is often spent wondering if so and so thought you meant something the wrong way or maybe you could have come across better in a certain situation.. You know the thing. I'm Queen of over thinking and sometimes I find it really difficult to just switch my brain off and relax. Here are a few ways I find help out when I'm being a real stress head.
1. Colouring
I mentioned a while back that I bought a colouring book after hearing they were good for relaxing and keeping your mind occupied. I've always loved doodling and never realised that I do actually do it when I'm needing a bit of an escape. Buying a colouring book was definitely one of my best recent purchases. I love having a good scribble in an evening with a cup of green tea (I'm aware that I'm a real crazy 23 year old). It really does help me to chill out and I prefer it to constantly getting gormed out in front of the TV.
2. Treating yourself to fresh flowers
 Not only is it nice to treat yourself to them, but they also look really pretty and while it's only a small thing I do think they're a mood lifter. It's maybe not a typical thing for relaxing, but I always find fresh flowers cheer me up when I' being a stress head.
3. Candles
I don't know when I got to a stage where I really enjoy buying things like candles but it happened. Candles are a fail safe for relaxing.. Especially an extra schmancy one. I love the Jo Malone ones and the Molton Brown ones are also really beautiful - plus they do some really relaxing fragrances.
4. A good relaxing spray
Speaking of Molton Brown, the fragrance above is one I'm a bit too in love with. It's designed to help sooth you to sleep and while I'm not sure it's a fail safe recipe for heading to the land of nod, I do find it's a really soft fragrance that does add to a chilled out atmosphere. I always like having nice 'smellies' about for something soothing.
So there we go. I am a bit of a stress pot, but I think we all have a few remedies for having a nervy b?! Let me know what yours are, it'd be good to add a few chill tricks to my routine. 
youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram
x
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Candles for the win, they help with everything! There's no better way to de-stress a work space too! x

    New blog design and an all white evening holiday look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie // <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9935365>BLOGLOVIN</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect tips for relaxation. Have a great weekend.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying colouring too, it is really relaxing! x
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your short but sweet posts! I'm so like you, I suffer incredibly badly with stredd/overthinking/anxiety and I find that listening to soothing music and having a bath REALLY helps!! Love your blog! You were one of the first bloggers I followed on instagram.. I think when you had about 20k followers! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with the fresh flowers idea - currently looking at some now!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post and one that I need to remember. I really want an adult colouring book as I think it would be great to help me de-stress. I also like the sound of a relaxing spray, I might give them a go.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with all these tips. I'm obsessed with my Millie Marotta colouring book, I could wile away hours colouring away. I definitely need to try that Molton Brown scent x

    VanessaVonJames | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving seeing that adults are starting to do colouring in again! I think it is such a great de stress idea - can't wait to find a cool book for myself! x

    poundingyounghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The adult colouring books are such an amazing idea and something I have wanted to try forever!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get the colouring book from? It's something I haven't tried, and I'm a total stress head at times! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candles and flowers are my favourite things to cheer me up! I love to treat myself to fresh flowers every now and again :)

    http://www.gemmacarey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of sitting down with a good lot of pens or pencils and colouring the evening away, it sounds so therapeutic! I love nice smelling candles as well they are so nice to just relax and I can't wait to have a home full of them
    http://www.elzbthchlmrspps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Couldn't agree more with your ways to de-stress. I've recently found that colouring and drawing really helps relax my mind and body.

    LL | CAUTIVAR

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard that colouring is really good for helping you relax too, love how your colouring book looks like a proper adult one though, not painting by numbers haha! I'm definitely a bit of a stress pot sometimes, great tips lovely :) x

    The Girl In The Tartan Scarf

    ReplyDelete
  15. did you make that cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never thought of colour as a way of relaxing, such a good idea. I love candles too! X
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been eyeing those colouring books up ever since you mentioned them! I'd probably end up messing up though and getting stressed again aha!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these ideas, I used to have an art journal and I found that it really did provide me with some escape. I think drawing/painting/getting creative can be so relaxing. I do love a good scented candle as well.

    Martha xo
    It's in the Details, Dahhling

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am team candles ha !

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally with you on all of these! I love dabbing a bit of lavender oil onto my pillowcase each evening too, makes it smell so good!
    xxx
    Chambray & Curls

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig