27 August 2015

NEW IN: THE MAC MATTE LIP

MAC Matte Lipstick in Stone & Whirl

Hearing about The Matte Lip collection from MAC was probably the most excited I've been about a MAC collection for ages. It's not that there hasn't been some lovely ones in recent years, I just guess I'm more of a stick to what you know sort of person these days - when it comes to spending 50 odd quid on makeup anyway (think of all the M&S lunches I could buy with that..). I prefer matte lipsticks on me, so when The Matte Lip arrived online I ordered before we had the whole Whirl Lip Liner debacle where you're waiting 6 months for it to come back in stock. I did my big blog stalk (praise the Lord for Temptalia) before I settled on the two I'd limited myself to. I wanted to try Whirl just to see what the lipstick version was like, and Stone was something different I thought I'd give a bash. 


So far I'm really liking both. I've always been a fan of MAC matte lippies anyway.. They're creamy, the colour pay off is good and I don't find there are many good, matte alternatives from other brands. Whirl is a really wearable dusky pink that I know I'll wear a lot. It's still neutral, but gives you plenty of colour so you don't feel like you're edging on the concealer lips look. I used to just use the lip liner as an all over lip colour, but I guess for longevity it'll be nice to have the two and use the lipstick for touch ups. Stone isn't quite so wearable and probably not to everyone's taste but I really love it. The 'greyish brown' description does pretty much cover it, although I do think it's a colour you can layer up for a more neutral or more brown lip. For me, it's the ultimate 90s inspired lip colour, and while it's not something I'd wear every day it's a really nice one to play around with. I love my nudes, but it's also nice to have a few lipsticks that you can sort of play dress up in and see how you look.. Y'know? 

I know I'm going to end up buying another couple of colours from this collection. Antique Velvet is next on my list. I'm starting to feel those Autumn vibes (YUCK) and this one looks like a good egg for next season's lippy. 

youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram
x
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Both of these colours are so beautiful and perfect for autumn, I need to pick Whirl up.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they bought Whirl out as a lipstick! I completely agree on the matte front as well, I find they just look nicer than any other kind of lipstick. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that these lipsticks<3

    itssumeyye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooeh I love both colors so much
    curious how the look on your lips

    love Karlien

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shades are lovely! Great post.

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so amazing!!! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAC mattes are some of my fave lipsticks. These look gorgeous.

    Rachel | www.currentlyrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these lipsticks look absolutely stunning. I have to say that I probably prefer Whirl because it is more of shade that I would wear, however I might just have to splurge and buy both.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, really love the nude one :)

    Millie xx
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whirl looks like a gorgeous shade! xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love MAC lipsticks but sadly the service in my local MAC is horrendous so I rarely go in to look at different shades etc now :(


    JaynieShannon | Beauty, Lifestyle & Health. (I follow back).

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both shades are gorge! I recently bought my first MAC lipstick and been loving it! Stone looks quite Kylie-Jennerish and I quite love the brown lip trend! x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love these!

    www.thewonderlanders.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Stone colour!

    -Kyanna

    http://kyannajames.com/?p=40

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well now I want to go lipstick shopping in mac! thank god for an overdraft ;)
    Jo x

    freckkleface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sharing! I really search like same site to find a excellent tips for my lip beauty.. So I am very happy to see this informative post.

    http://www.artweddings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig