17 September 2015

BASE MAKEUP: THE FAVOURITES

If I could only have one beauty item (oh the horror) it would definitely be under the base makeup heading. Scrap fluttery lashes and rosey lips, I need a good base before I can think about anything else. To me it's like giving yourself a good canvas to work on. These are my current favourites for smoothing out all the face stuffs.

MAC Face & Body Foundation
My current foundation after switching from Estee Lauder Double Wear. I'll probably head back to DW for more coverage over winter, but I do think it's a tad heavy for all year round. Face & Body on the other hand feels like you're hardly wearing makeup, with a really light coverage that you can gradually build up. I love it for something more natural.

Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder
I don't know if this actually counts as a 'base' product, but it's the one I go for for setting all the other stuff. It's got a good colour payoff to it without the yellow tones you can get with some powders. My only problem is I get through it way too quick. Shiny t-zone problems.

MAC Strobe Cream
Because everyone's mad for strobing right now. This one I've rediscovered after repurchasing from years ago. I love it under foundation and even over, dabbed along cheeks to add that dewy look in.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
I think this one is a winner with a lot of folk. It does have a really nice coverage (I mainly use it on dark under eye areas) but I think it's the colour I like the most. The salmon-y pink shade I use is just really nice for brightening up yellow undertones.

Make Up For Ever Camouflage Creme Palette
I mostly use this for touch ups and as part of my contour routine. The mix of colours are really handy for that sort of thing. The darker shade I use for blending out concealer, while the lighter shades are good for sharpening up brows and really defining highlights. 

x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I just throw some foundation and concealer on and my base is done...I think I need to up my make up game haha!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that palette, it looks really useful!
    Maddy, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been meaning to try the nars concealer for ages but i just can't afford it :( i do love mac face and body though!

    love katy @ THE RAWRDROBE x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so obsessed with MAC's face and body! It's such an incredible formula. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These seem to be really good !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a bit of NARS and MAC especially when my skin is feeling crappy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What shade do you use for the Nars concealer? I've always wanted to try it! Also the make up forever concealer palette has been on my wishlist for over two years... perhaps it's time! xxx
    www.shivonmakeupbiz.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great picks, I have been on the hunt for a 'better base' and these products look right up my street and I'm so curious about the strobe cream, I can never seem to find it in my local MAC!

    Hannah | Granite City Girl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree, working on top of a good base is a recipe for success. i really need to try these, your makeup always looks amazing!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Radiant Creamy Concealer is brilliant. The MUFE concealer palette is also very good x

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig