29 September 2015

H&M FALL IN LOVE: WEARING CONFIDENCE


In celebration of the new Fall Fashion collection for H&M, today I’m styling up a couple of bits from the 70s glam inspired range. The campaign, #HMFallinLove, aims to inspire you by the fall love story – what really makes you fall in love with Fall. For me, alongside cosy evenings, layering up in knits and carving pumpkins, it’s also that I find fall is a great time to build on confidence, especially in terms of style. With summer pressures for a beach bod and legs that look amazing in short shorts out the window, I feel much more at ease heading into A/W dressing. With that, I’m sharing a few of my favourite ways to fall in love with fall through wearing confidence. 

Take baby steps.

Yeah, sometimes ‘out there’ fashion choices can work great but if you really need to up your confidence then a look completely out of your comfort zone may be a step too far. For the look above I went for short lace up boots, but eventually I’ll brave some thigh highs. I find building it up from styles that I’m used to a lot easier than jumping in with something too flamboyant.  

Find your fall statement.

This is my favourite. I love to find something to rock over A/W that becomes my ‘thing’ – in the past it’s been an extra fluffy fur collar and the beanie hat. This time round it’s going to be this oversized coat, a real winter warmer I can wrap up in.

Get inspired.

Fall is a great time for a cosy evening, flicking through Pinterest. I like to have a board featuring my style icons, so I can have a look through and get inspired. No, I’m not Alexa Chung, but I could maybe wear that bold print in a similar way to her.  

Treat confidence as your best accessory.

And I’m not just talking in terms of style. Confidence is a secret weapon, it’s the thing that carries you through everything from strutting down the street in heels to that boring presentation at work in front of the bigwigs. Confidence can make a huge difference to an outfit, just like an outfit can have an effect on your confidence. This fall I’ll be working on making sure confidence is as much a part of my outfit as the shoes and handbag.  

So there we go.. What I’m living by for confident dressing this season. I’ve also got a chance for you to win a £50 voucher thanks to H&M by sharing your own #HMFallInLove story on Twitter or Instagram. All you have to do is use the hashtag and tag either @HMUnitedKingdom (Twitter) or @HM (Instagram). It’s a really nice way to share what you love about fall.. I can’t wait to have a flick through the entries and pick out a winner!

x
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. That dress is absolutely gorgeous! Really love the positivity of this post, I too feel way more comfortable in A/W clothes though :)

    Bekah x | UNIQUELY DETAILED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the boots from h&m too? They're gorgeous! Molly x
    www.molipop.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is just divine - you look lush! xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a lot of people wearing this dress. It looks lovely on you! x
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is absolutely stunning! x

    poundingyounghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good. xxx
    www.assessorise.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be a bit more confident in my dressing, I've been playing it too safe in my jeans/sweater/trainers combos! So I'm going to be wearing my fedora more (like you say, baby steps!) You look great, I love that coat! x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with the dress, it is perfect to dress up or down. I love the idea of being more confident in the way you dress. Lovely post.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. The print of that dress is stunning - you look gorgeous xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig