5 November 2015

INVESTMENT PIECES FOR AUTUMN/WINTER

Leather Gloves / Faux Fur Collar / Leather Jacket / Wool Overcoat / Wool Scarf / Black Boots / Tan Cardigan / Chunky Knit / Embellished LBD

Although I am the sort that needs a lie down after buying more than one thing in Topshop, I do feel more swayed into quality over quantity these days. Rather than too many cheap, trend led pieces that I won't get much wear out of,  I'd rather have a few classics that I know will last me a good few seasons.

I think autumn is definitely a good time to invest in that sort of thing. An extra soft knit, a LBD to see you through a range of festive shindigs, boots that go with every freaking outfit. They're my sort of investment pieces... I tick off the winter essentials for turning up the cosy factor (the big wool coat and gloves, that sort of thing), before going for a few statement styles to livening up my look over A/W (the leather biker jacket and Great Gatsby style faux fur). I guess there's no huge shock that I go for monochrome and neutral tones, but I think when you're spending a few extra pennies you want it to be something you'll get plenty of wear out of. As much as the bright pink fuzzy jumper may appeal to my inner Cher from Clueless, I know I'd probably wear it once then have no idea what to do with it!

Off now to add the Moschino scarf and Warehouse cardigan (obsessed with the colour) to my Christmas list... There's only 7 Fridays to go until the big day after all! 

x
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Loving the grey coat and the turtleneck, and I already had those exact pair of boots in my ASOS saved items :) x

    Millie x
    Queenmillie.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these picks and definitely agree about quality over quantity! Also those boots look amazing!!

    Millie x | Millies Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the selection !

    Giveaway, win a pair of Esqido lashes (35$)
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grey long line jacket is lovely!!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wool overcoat !

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving chunky knit turtle necks this season! X
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig