21 January 2016

WINTER WARDROBE ESSENTIALS

The snow couldn't have arrived at a better time! I'd been meaning to do this post for a couple of weeks, so thanks Mother Nature for the lovely, wintery setting. Seen as we're now bearing the brunt of the chilly season, I wanted to share my favourite essentials for getting through the colder months with extremities intact. These bits are my essentials for wrapping up warm, without feeling like a total woolly mammoth.

Beanie Hats
Ok, so a woolly hat is kind of an obvious one, but the beanie hat is my particular favourite. For casual days at this time of year, I’m always sticking one on. They keep me cosy and also disguise a multitude of bad hair day problems.

Turtlenecks
Of course my favourite fit had to feature. I feel like I've spent the majority of winters as an adult in a turtleneck. I have a load of different colours in my wardrobe as they’re a great basic for wearing alone and with layered up outfits. I’m always sticking them under summer dresses that I can’t quite bear to pack away!

Thick Denim

My high-waisted, super soft jeans are all well and good, but warm they ain't. At this time of year I'm all about some extra thick denim. They're not quite your slouching around in the house sort of thing, but for the really chilly times they're just what I need. For me, my vintage Levi's are the best option for keeping the chill out.

Long Coats

The long coat has probably been my most essential wardrobe item over the last two winters. In that time I’ve invested in three (albeit inexpensive) ones, as I just love getting wrapped up in them. I like the kind that comes to just above my ankle, that way I maximise the ‘I’m wearing a duvet’ feels. These days, I can’t even dare think of wearing a coat shorter thank knee length… It’s way too cold!


Black Boots
Basically what my feet live in over the winter months. I have more pairs than I could probably ever need, but when in doubt, stick black boots on. I see a sturdy pair that’ll stand up to the elements as a worthy investment – some of the better quality ones I’ve had have lasted me years.

Aaaand that's me wrapped up for the winter. I'll probably emerge from my chunky knit chrysalis approx. April.  
x
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. You look beautiful as always Lydia! I love the coat and your right, thick denim is always a good shout in the cold!

    XO Amie

    Credit Crunch Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the turtle necks and black ankle boots for me! Love this post! X

    www.dizzymisselizabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the hat. Your whole outfit is gorgeous!

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it :)

    http://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/2016/01/back-to-black.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love outfits like these, so simple yet comfy and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is literally my winter wardrobe! There's nothing a turtle neck doesn't go with ;)
    http://georgie-awaywiththefairies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing! Love all of those colours you're wearing together xx

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beanie and your outfit is classic and so cute!

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely agree, couldn't live without thick hats and turtlenecks in this cold! Gorgeous outfit x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit. I have a very very similar coat to this one, but I love that yours is longer.

    Jess x
    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turtle necks are my go to item for the winter season as well they're the only thing that actually keeps me warm!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the best style! I love the long coat with the high waisted jeans! Also your lipstick is so cute! Plus I love all the similar options you linked below! xo

    McKenzie | therosynook.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the coat !

    Giveaway, win a pair of Polette sunglasses !
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous - love this coat. Minimal basics and muted tones have definitely become my wardrobe staples! xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find it pretty hard to find thick denim, especially since it also has to be the shape you want, color you want, has to be pretty comfortable, etc. So when it's really cold, I sometimes wear panties under my jeans :) or if I'm wearing a skirt/dress I wear 2 panties.
    You summed up 5 very good essentials, got them all :) I do still want to score a grey wintercoat and a second pair of black booties during the sales so I better hurry hehe!
    xox Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this grey coat and i think this outfit is simple but classy ! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This may seem like a stupid question, sorry, but I was wondering how you get all of your photos to be the same size? As there are a mixture of portrait and landscape. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh boy I've been looking for a freaking long coat just like yours for MONTHS !

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig