19 January 2016

NEW IN | KIKO EYESHADOW UPDATES

After making a few initial Kiko purchases back when the Meadowhall store first opened, I took to making an order in the January sales, opting for a few items I'd swatched in store. Am I starting to sound a bit like a wannabe Kiko ambassador? None of this is sponsored, I just feel like it's quite a realistic brand for me. As much as I love reading about Chanel's latest collections, it's not something I can go out and buy all of - unless I live on Pot Noodle sandwiches for the rest of the month. With shipping (that did take almost three weeks, so don't expect anything too speedy), this all cost about £30, which I think is really good for a big refresh on my eyeshadow options. I know, quality over quantity, but I've actually really enjoyed using these products too. 

As well as shadows, I also added two more of those blending brushes to my life. I know in my last post it was the thing I wasn't so impressed with, since then it's become a brush favourite. It's fluffed out as I've used it and isn't so stiff like when I first tried it. With 50% off these I justified two - less brush washing for me... yippeee!
With these, I was completely sold after trying out 05 in store… Isn’t it beautiful?! I’m obsessed with those sparkles. As it was out of stock in my local, I ended up purchasing online, along with the two other shades that seemed very ‘me’.  That sort of warm toned, mauve colour is just my thing. Colour wise these actually remind me of the MAC Paint Pots – really pigmented, but with a texture that’s more mousse like. Longevity wise, these have lasted pretty well – on me, anything around mid afternoon is a good result, which they definitely manage. 

I’ve been using 04 as a blending shade, while 03 has become my favourite for a smokey eye. The sparkly one I’m wanting to use in a makeup video soon… I can’t wait to try it for something more glam!
So, I can't actually remember buying these. I really need to stop shopping at gone 12am when I'm probably a bit out of it… The result is shades that are pretty similar to the others I bought! Whoops. I don’t have many shimmer shadows though, so these will be nice to play around with. These aren’t quite as pigmented as the Cream Crush shadows, but then they’re described as a ‘creamy powder’, so I’m thinking not quite as heavy. I'd probably go for these as more of a wash of colour – as they’re a bit lighter they’re perfect for quick makeup looks on workdays. 

Have you tried any Kiko products? I’m already making another wish list. When there’s so much for under a fiver I get so carried away!
x
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Looks nice!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2016/01/maxi-african-print-ankara-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brown-like colour x

    Millie x
    Queenmillie.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice haul ! Love kiko a lot !


    Giveway, win a pair of Polette Sunglasses !
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cream crush eyeshadows look perfect, I'm definitely going to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kiko! I find them to be quality with the pretty packaging.
    The smart lipsticks are some of my favourites :)
    Never tried the brushes so I'll give those a try next!

    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh the packaging and the colors are so beautiful! They are all really pigmented too! I've never owned anything from Kiko! But I'm definitely going to check them out! Thanks! xo

    McKenzie | therosynook.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colours look so nice I definitely want to give them a try.

    Jess x
    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried Kiko eyeshadows. The mousse texture is so visible even in swatches, and these shades are gorgeous. I don't like shimmer eyeshadows very much, but that silver is ridiculously pretty!

    Did you use a primer under these?

    They could definitely improve their delivery times though!

    Shanelle || SLovesAutumn

    x

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig