11 April 2016

SPRING MAKEUP | A FRESH FOUNDATION

The temptation to call this post ‘All About the Base’ was strong, but I managed to restrain myself on the cringe factor. I’ve been wanting to show you this makeup look as it’s been my most worn over the last few weeks – really natural, with the focus on a fresh looking base. It took a trip round the beauty counters at Debenhams, but I’ve finally dared to venture away from my usual matte finish, opting for a dewy foundation ready for heading into the warmer months. 

After much deliberation, I ended up at bareMinerals, deciding on the Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream after it was recommended by their in store beauty team. I was after that real sheer finish, but also something I could build up when I needed a bit of extra coverage. I’ve been wearing it as a light wash of colour on good skin days, then layered up with a beauty sponge on days when I’m having skin issues. For this natural look, I just go for fluffy brows, a light blush and my favourite matte lip, keeping the focus on a healthy looking complexion. 

While I was in Debenhams I made the most of collecting points on my Beauty Club card as I stocked up on some makeup favourites. If you spend half your life loitering around the beauty counters like I do, then I definitely think it’s worth getting one. I’ve had mine since they first came out, and it’s still a welcome surprise to hear when I’ve collected enough points to get a discount. As well as collecting points, with the Beauty Club card you can pick up free samples for products you’re looking to purchase – my skin can be really sensitive, so it’s perfect for when I’m looking to get a new foundation. When I’m off for a bit of a makeup spending spree, I’ll check up on any offers Debenhams are running and make sure I’ve got my Beauty Club card in my purse! 

*This post is in collaboration with Debenhams, all views are my own. 


x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Your skin looks amazing, Lydia! Might have to go and try the complexion rescue, I've heard so much about it. And I'd love to know what you've got on your lips, its so pretty!

    forevabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great product!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2016/04/anna-maria-lambert-handmade-jewelry.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, what have you got on your lips? They look so nourished and amazing?! This gel sounds lovely, I may go in and see what the different colours are like.

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing, loving the lip colour x

    Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig