14 June 2016

COLOUR CORRECTING | THREE FAVOURITES

Following contouring and strobing, everyone’s now got a thing for colour correcting. I could have got that in the wrong order of ‘what’s hot’, but I think it’s similarly up there on the makeup stakes. As a sucker for the latest craze, colour correcting has quickly become part of my daily routine… It’s not like I really go to town with it, but I’ve now got a few products for working on complexion issues.  

Elemis Pro Radiance Illuminating Balm 

To crack on with this colour correcting biz, I usually start out with a brightening skincare product, something I can substitute for moisturiser or mix with it. My skin tends to go quite sallow, so I like to counteract this with anything that’s going to reflect light. I’ve been using this Elemis one over the last few weeks and up to now I really like it – it’s makes a good starting point for evening things out. 

Chanel Multi Use Illuminating Base

After I’ve sorted skincare, I’m onto a brightening base. I go for something that’s really going to help out my makeup, acting as a primer while calming down the problematic areas. I know I’ve gone on about Chanel’s Multi Use Illuminating Base before, but I find it’s a product that actually makes a big difference. I do love slapping this on all over (on good skin days I’ve even worn it without foundation) but I tend to focus on using it around my mouth, the area where I struggle with hyperpigmentation. It works on those yellowish tones, really balancing out my complexion. 


NYX Colour Correcting Palette

So, skincare and base covered, now time for makeups. I don’t go too crazy on that front (I’ve tried the lipstick to cover eye bags thing – can’t say it was a complete success!), but I do love a few counteracting shades for cover ups. The NYX Colour Correcting Palette is the one I use right now, a good value option that I’m mega impressed with. I love the pigmentation with these creams and they cover up issue areas no problem. Mostly I’ve been using the pinkish tone – it’s so good for brightening up dull skin! The purple and peach I regularly use in a similar way, while the green is a go-to when I’ve got blemishes.  

So, nothing too complicated when targeting complexion problems. My skin can be particularly uneven with blotchy and hyperpigmentation, but after a bit of trial and error I’ve sussed out what works. I love those wacky, colour correcting tutorials on Instagram, but it’s also something you can keep super simple.  
x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I absolutely love the NYX colour correcting palette!! x

    http://www.taintedblues.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great and that Elemis illuminating balm sounds great x

    Millie x
    Queenmillie.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig