18 August 2016

NIGHT OUT HANDBAG ESSENTIALS

Alongside the usual cash, phone & ID (praise the Lord if somebody wants to ID this grandma), my bag on evenings out is usually jam-packed. The fact that I can cut its contents down to a clutch bag’s worth is an achievement in itself. I’m not much of a party girl, but I’ve had a few evenings out in the diary recently that have meant I’ve perfected my ‘going out bag’. Basically this means I’ve sussed out what makeup products are essential for me not looking like a troll by 3am.

So, with makeup I tend to go cheap. Nobody’s got time for losing that Chanel lipstick. Nada. Recently I’ve been using a lot of NYX products anyway, so that works out well! The liquid lipstick in Sandstorm is my favourite taupe-y nude and although it’s matte it doesn’t wear off in too much of a state.

A shine fixing powder is something I always take out with me for tackling sticky clubs. This HD Finishing Powder is one I use daily as it gets rid of any oily areas and fuzzes out pores. I’ve gone on about it quite a lot already, but I do think it’s really good value. That Real Techiques brush also comes along with me as it works well for buffing it in.  

The last makeup item that gets lobbed in my bag is anything with a mirror – right now I’ve been going for Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator, as it’s a current beauty love. It’s the dreamiest highlight and helps bring back dimension to my complexion when I’ve gone all out with the matte powder. It’s just one I’ve got to go easy on… Tipsy tin foil face is not a good look for me.

A last couple of essentials are actually my usuals – hand sanitizer and perfume. Even when merry my OCD is still on top form, so I’ll be hand sanitizing my way round any bar crawl. With perfume I’ve been going for Noir by The White Company. It’s a handy size for my handbag and a feminine, creamy fragrance.

Annnd that’s me done. Just pray that the ABH Highlighter is coming home with me.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Nice items

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried NYX but I feel like I should!

    Hannah | Oh January

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Liquid Suede shade is so pretty!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That nyx powder seems really good! xx

    https://emilymillerloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Liquid Suedes are my go to lip products i love how they are matte but not too matte its so good!

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this kind of post, Lydia! Your blog inspires me a lot! Please keep up the good work! Might try the pressed powder too, I've only had NYX's loose powder and it can make me end up looking ghostly... Always a winning look.
    Beth
    www.sugarblur.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing what you take on a night out. I always want to bring loads of makeup with me for touch ups but I can never fit it all in a clutch! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig