13 October 2016

5 RECENT BEAUTY FAVOURITES

It's been a good while since I had chance to do a beauty update. I don't change things up that often, but since my last favourites post I've found a few products that have become a part of my everyday routine. I think it's because I've been trying to mix my brands up a little - normally I just go for the same old stuff from the same old companies! NYX coming to the UK has made my bank account suffer, and I've also been stocking up on a few American beauty newbies via Beauty Bay. Even in the most rushed mornings (I've perfected a messy makeup routine to 5 minutes...) I end up using all these products. 
Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day Setting Spray
Me and setting sprays are a bit iffy. Sometimes I just don't find they 'do' that much. I was even a little dissapointed with the Urban Decay one. The thing is, I've got oil slick skin. In a few hours I can look like I've got no base makeup on, so really any product like this is fighting a losing battle anyway! Up to now though, the Slay All Day Setting Spray is probably the only one that I actually think makes a difference. It doesn't feel tacky on my skin, but does sort of feel like it's there, y'know? Anyway, it helps my foundation stay on my chops a little longer so that'll do for me. 

Benefit Ready, Steady Brow! Clear Brow Gel
Personally, this is just the sort of brow gel I like. It does dry kind of stiff, but I love feeling like my brows are lacquered into place! Mine can be extra unruly, which means I need something hardcore to get them under control. Up to now I've been using this magazine freebie, but I'll definitely go and buy one when it runs out. 

NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick in Sandstorm
I've raved about the Suede Lipsticks before as I love the formulation, but it's Sandstorm that's become my everyday lip colour. It's a taupe-y nude, something that goes perfectly with the monochromatic makeup I tend to go for. If you love those brown-ish nudes, then this is one to try. NYX would make my liiiife if they added some more neutral tones to the colour range. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Riviera 
Because it's so prettyyyyy. Both in the pan and on the skin! I'd been wanting to try the ABH Illuminators for yonks and I've not been disappointed... In my opinion everyone needs a bit of rose gold shimmer on their face. Ha. It is quite a full on highlight - you definitely don't need much to get a good glow, but with highlight I guess you want it semi-noticable. Unless we're all thinking folk were born with glitzy cheekbones. 

NYX HD Finishing Powder
I started out on the Translucent version of this, but I've now moved onto Banana. It took me a while to find, but it was worth hunting down - I've heard NYX are low on stock across the country?! Both shades work really well for me, but Banana just feels like a nice option for olive toned skin. I'ld probably go for Translucent when I'm embracing pale, then Banana when I'm layering up on the fake tan. 

youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram
x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I absolutely love Sandstorm too and really hope NYX bring more neutral colours out in the Liquid Suede formula too, I really love that formula! I've tried the Gerard cosmetics setting spray too but wasn't a fan. I do love NYX banana powder though, so brightening <3 xx
    Nicole | Nikki Bays

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound lovely! Still haven't tried anything from NYX x

    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ABH Illuminator looks incredible!


    www.lipsticks-and-louboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love NYX lipsticks but I haven't tried any of the liquid suede ones yet - I'll have to pick one up when I next go shopping! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post! The Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator has been on my wishlist for ages - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig