31 October 2016

ADDING A TWIST TO DUVET DAYS

I love that autumn is a time to really embrace the duvet day. Judgement free, we can take to our beds during rainy season and enjoy making the most of cosy comforts. It’s something that I think we occasionally need – a chilled out day to sit back and enjoy doing very little. I don’t get chance to have a duvet day that often, so when it comes to it I try to make the most of my relaxation time. Aside from my usual nap-DVD-nap-food routine on duvet days, I also try to mix my day up with a few little twists… 

Homemade Pamper Products
This is one of my favourite tweaks to my duvet day. Yeah, you can stick on a facemask from the beauty department, but it’s also fun, easy and inexpensive to find a few beauty products at home. I always go for a coconut oil hair mask – I use this stuff for cooking, but it’s just as amazing for giving your hair a real, deep treatment. Plus it leaves your locks smelling incredible! Another thing I like to use is olive oil for completely cleansing my skin. It really works on leaving your skin squeaky clean, and I feel like my complexion is plumped up after it. Having a go with some DIY products means I can just set to with whatever I can use in the house!  

Coffee in Bed
As much as I love a trip to Starbucks, there’s just something great about being able to drink my favourite coffee tucked up in my own bed. Currently I’ve got the Starbucks Caffé Americano with Milk from the Chilled Classics range stocked up in my fridge for days off… I love this stuff! It’s a yummy blend of cream and coffee, just the right amount for making sure I don’t spend the full day napping! With a few of my favourite biscuits, I’m sorted for a day of comforts. 
Friend Vote Filmathon
Easily, I can lose a day of my life watching the same old TV shows. As a creature of habit, I’m always up for a few episodes of New Girl, or repeats of Parks and Recreation. Often though, it’s the random recommendations that I love. To start out a duvet day, I always text round family and friends to request their favourite TV shows and films… Yeah, my brother’s Alien vs. Predator suggestion may not be what I go for, but there are bound to be some goldies in the replies you get! If I’m having a day dedicated to snuggly times, I want to make sure I’ve got some good shows to keep me entertained. 

Aaaand that’s my next day off sorted! I look forward to this sort of thing just as much as I do a night out. Everyone needs a bit of chill time, and I’m always up for a quiet day of films, coffee and pampering! Starbucks Café Americano with Milk is a newbie to the Chilled Classics range, joining Café Latte, Caramel Macchiato and Cappuccino… It’s one to try if you love your coffee treats! 
youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram
x
*This post is sponsored, all views are my own. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig