8 November 2016

THINGS TO LOVE ABOUT AUTUMN/WINTER

For years, I’ve been adamant that I hate this time of year. Dark nights, freezing my nips off on a day to day basis, you know... The usual autumn/winter irritations. It’s only been recently though that I’ve actually realised it’s freaking lovely. There’s so much to enjoy about the upcoming months, opposed to me seeing it as the end of summer and a long haul slog down to warmer times. I’ve really worked on positive vibes this year (imagine me in floral prints, hippy flares and doing a peace sign) so I’m keeping things on track for a lovely A/W. As a reminder that we’ve got loaaads to look forward to over these cold and drizzly months, here are the things I really love…  

Body pressures off.
Let’s all do a little happy dance. Thank Gahhhhd I can forget about fitting myself into a bikini for another 6 months. My silky smooth body routine has entered ‘special occasions only’ season and I’m more than happy about that. Ideally, I’m not planning on putting on two stone over Christmas and ending up looking like a chubby Yeti, but it’s lovely to feel like some of the pressure is off! 

Ridiculous knits.
In my opinion, the chunkier the jumper the better. Stocking up on a few snuggly knits just sets you up for the season, plus I can always justify knitwear as it’s practical. The one I’m wearing here is what I bought to wear on Bonfire Night – I wanted something especially dense to keep the chill out. On the ridiculous front I ticked things off with the knitted beanie. I may now be 25, but I refuse to give up on cutesy bobble hats, especially at this time of year. 

The outdoors.
Because it’s just so pretty. Even if you’re not an outdoorsy person (I’m not), I think we can all appreciate that A/W can be helluuur beautiful. The colours and the lighting and the frosty mornings. It’s all sickeningly Instagrammable - I love it. As appealing as cosy evenings are, they’re especially nice to come back to after a day making the most of time outdoors. Just don’t expect to see me in walking boots anytime soon. 

Seasonal home updates.
I’m biased, seeing as my life currently revolves around home stuff… Buuut, I love an A/W décor update regardless. Whether it’s a new candle for cosy evenings, or a festive looking checked blanket, treating myself to a few new additions is exciting. Accessories around the home can make such a big difference, so I’m going to use the next couple of months to cover all the snuggly bases. Give me the fairy lights, big knitted cushions and wintery home fragrances!  

Festive events. 
I love that we’re now heading towards the time for busy social schedules – with Halloween and Bonfire Night under the belt, I’m getting ready for Christmas parties here, there and everywhere. Personally, I find keeping busy one of the best ways to ensure I’m a happy bun. I just don’t have time to mope when I’m rushing about, and doing nothing feels like a vicious circle for feeling more miserable. This year I’m looking forward to making sure my diary is jam packed with autumnal days out, Christmas market trips and festive gatherings. 

Did I outdo myself on the positivity?! I’m regularly a grumpy old woman before my time, but I love coming to my blog to give myself a bit of a boost and hopefully share some of that with anyone reading! 

Hat - H&M / Jumper - H&M / Trousers - ZARA / Bag - H&M / Boots - & Other Stories
GET THE LOOK
youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig