28 January 2016

THE 'I'M LATE' MAKEUP ESSENTIALS

You know those days when you could do with being on time? I usually find they're the ones where I end up in a flap, running around like a blue arsed fly. When I'm late, it's my makeup routine that I have to shave some time off. Generally, it doesn't take me that long to do my face - a good 20 minutes is plenty for a work day, but when I'm running late I can probably get this down to just over 5 minutes. I reckon that's quite good?! Yeah, I'm probably not Instagram ready, but presentable enough to head out.

So, for rushing out the door I cut down to 5 main products - these are the ones I use when I really need to get my face done fast. 
Brow Gel – Maybelline Brow Drama
Because there’s not a chance in hell I’ve got time for that ombre brow when I’ve woke up with 10 minutes to get ready. I don’t mind a natural brow, even though mine are really crap. I don’t have much shape or that fleek-y arch I dream of, but a feathery brow can be just as nice as one that's more defined. I love brow gel for really combing through the lighter bits of my brows – for me, that’s the end part. Any smudgey bits I just neaten up with a flat top concealer brush. 

As toned back as I don’t mind being, I still like a bit of foundation. Even if it’s only a tiny bit on problem areas, it makes the world of difference. I use my Chanel one when I’m in a rush as it blends slightly easier than Double Wear (love it, but that stuff is paint). If I’ve got time I will add in concealer, but if not I just layer up on the foundation.
When I can’t fit in doing the whole eyeshadow shebang, white eyeliner is what I go for. It’s not a whopping difference, but I just think it brightens my eyes up… When I’ve rolled out of bed with no time to spare that’s exactly what I need. I've no particular favourite with white liner - I've found most I've tried pretty much do the same thing. 

Mascara – NARS Audacious Mascara
I know for a lot of folk, mascara is the dessert island must. I can totally see why, but as someone who's had problematic skin it's always something I'd go for after base makeup. Having said that, I know I look very 'undone' without it. With wearing lash extensions I only have to pop a bit on my bottom lashes, but it still makes a difference. If you’re really someone who struggles with getting ready in the morning, then lash extensions are such a good option – they’ve significantly cut down the time it takes for me to make myself look human!
If I’ve still got a bit of time to spare after all that, then I’ll go for a good, contouring eyeshadow. I’m loving the Kiko Milano Cream Crush in 04 at the minute, but for a powder I’d go for one from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I can quickly buff that sort of colour into the socket of my eye, without creating a major, smokey eye monstrosity. I feel like this is the step that helps things to look less ‘I’ve had a mad dash this morning, this was the best I could do’, so if I can squish it in then I will. 

Aaaand that's how I go from frightening small children to being okay in public, in super quick speed. The only thing I haven't included is something for lips, as I usuall just stick a bit of tinted lip balm on when I get to wherever I'm going!
x
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love the pictures in this post, beautiful!
    Sophie xx
    http://bleachedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If im running late i always apply foundation,powder,mascara and some product on my brows! If my brows have nothing on them i feel so naked! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try that brow gel!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2016/01/beauty-new-in-haul-video.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved the Maybelline Brow Drama, but then L'Oreal came out with the Brow Artist Plumper - I prefer it because the wand is SOOO much easier to use (and it's smaller)
    Jess | www.beautifulbreakable.com xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Lydia, can I just ask how do you those backgrounds on your phone? Is it in editing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a similar post last week, I'm often running late. I grab for quick and easy products. I'm yet to try a Chanel foundation, this one sounds lovely.

    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice selection !

    Sara
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of this post, and I agree, make up is usually the step I reduce in time when running late x

    Millie x
    Queenmillie.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig