14 October 2015

HIGHLIGHTERS | MY FAVOURITES

Swatches L-R: NARS Illuminator - Orgasm, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - Bronze (lightest shade), Laura Mercier Illuminator - Indiscretion, NARS Multiple - Violet Atom, Sigma Bright to Light Highlight Duo

Do you know how hard it is to get highlighter swatches to show up on a (badly) fake tanned arm? It's tough, but then this beauty side of blogging isn't exactly my forte. Seen as 'strobing' is a bit of a thing right now, I thought I'd share a few of my favourite highlighting products. I'm definitely one to jump on the bandwagon, especially when it involves shiny, pretty looking makeup stuffs. Here goes. 

NARS Illuminator - Orgasm
This one has a really nice warmth to it, so it's perfect for doubling up as a bit of cheek colour (more so if you're a pale Gail like me). I just add it up from the apples of my cheeks to the top of my cheek bone and it's a light flush of colour with a slight shimmer. As it's a cream I use this one mostly when I'm after more of a dewy finish. 

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - Bronze (lightest shade)
I think that's one of the good things about Shimmer Bricks - yeah, they're expensive, but you have actually got five, multi-use shades. The darker colours I've regularly used as eyeshadows, with that lightest shade as a bright highlight. This is one I go for when I'm wanting a really noticeable highlight, so probably a good one for that strobed look. 

Laura Mercier Illuminator - Indiscretion
I know, it looks like it was crafted by makeup angels. It is so pretty, probably part of the reason I bought it.. But then I am fickle for good looking makeup. Aside from it being a bit of a looker, it is also a lovely product and the one I currently use on a day to day basis. The shimmer in it isn't chunky, yet it has a good enough colour pay off for it to actually look like you've upped your highlighter game. I think it's one that Ania Milczarczyk (Queen of highlighting and everything makeup) uses, which sold it to me completely.

NARS Multiple - Violet Atom
I don't know if this one is for everyone, but personally I love it. It's really different to other highlighters, nothing like the usual neutral shades you get. It makes me think of UV light, in a highlight format? I dunno, but I it's really pretty on. You can see how it looks in my NARS Christopher Kane post, although I reckon it would be uhhhmazing with a mega tan on holiday. 

Sigma Bright to Light Highlight Duo
So I'm looking at this one thinking it's a major dupe for the Laura Mercier one? I've swatched it a few times since I started this post and they do look really similar. If anything, this one is maybe a shade lighter and a touch less obvious on the skin. It's one I like though and still use regularly - I must try more Sigma products!

x
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Oh wow so many lovely highlighters. As they're my favourite thing to buy this post is right up my street x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love me some highlight! These are all gorgeous looking, and the packaging is stunning xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want try that Nars multiple it looks so nice! I recently found an old ELF shimmer facial whip, which looks so lovely and dewy on the skin - totally cruelty free as well. Love highlighting instead of contouring at the moment - so much easier too.

    Ellie - http://theurbanlore.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely neeeeeed that Laura Mercier highlighter!

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove the NARS illuminators for highlight! xx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the Nars Illuminator, so pretty!
    Maddy, xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good highlighter, I love the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the NARS Illuminators x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous does that Laura Mercier Illuminator look! I'd be scared to use it!
    Great post

    Kitty | clothesandstuff.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Nars Illuminatior, I wish I'd bought it in the shade Orgasm as its much more wearable than Cococabana which is the one I bought!

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How gorgeous is that Laura Mercier highlight in the pan?! Beautiful!

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick (mine is in Beige). I'm really tempted to try the NARS one. Highlighters are my favourite makeup products, I love the final glowing touch to my look:)

    http://www.cojograab.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig