19 May 2016

ALICE IN WONDERLAND FOR URBAN DECAY | REVIEW & SWATCHES

A new range from Urban Decay is my kind of makeup update. The Alice in Wonderland collection is one I was extra hyped up about, mainly because I’m a big fan of the film – I love a classic, whimsical story. And Johnny Depp. Obviously. While I’m not one to regularly rock brights, I’ve been really excited to see how these earthy tones and statement shades work together. 

Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow Palette

Swatches L-R Paradox, Royal Flush, Duchess, Kingdom, Salazen Grum, Chronosphere
Eyeshadows first. I always think Urban Decay do hellaaa good on the eyeshadows front – what is life without the Naked palette?! I’ve had a few of the brighter palettes in the past, but this one is a goodie for tying in bold shades with my love for neutrals. I really like the mix of warm nudes and browns in the shimmer and matte finishes. Some of the shimmers are sparklier than others, but overall I’m a fan of how they look when applied. The ones I’ve swatched above are just some of my favourites – golden tones with reddish undertones, a good alternative to my usual flat mattes.  

Alice Through The Looking Glass Lipstick

Swatches L-R Iracebeth (Comfort Matte), Mirana (Metalizzed), Alice (Sheer Shimmer), Time (Metallized), Mad Hatter (Metallized)
Onto lipstick. These are so freaking fun to play around with! Surprisingly, I think I’m most into the blue. I can’t say for definite that I’d dare wear it out, but I can’t wait to give it a go in some makeup shots – it’s such an out there colour… Feeling like a sci-fi glitzy combo. Yup, that’s a sentence I never thought I’d be saying. Another favourite is Mirana, a brownish mauve with plenty of shimmer to it. I think this one would be a real winner for colder months - it’s something fun for livening up A/W looks. My final fave is the red shade. Red isn’t something I wear often, but I can vouch for this as a good egg... It's super duper pigmented and a non drying matte finish.  

The Alice in Wonderland collection is available now, so if you’re heading to the beauty counters then definitely get swatching away! I’d straight up go for the eyeshadow palette – the colour range and pigmentation is as I’ve come to expect from Urban Decay. It’s one that’s stocked me up with a whole load of options for a new season of shadows.  
x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. The Alice in Wonderland range is gorgeous! Really want to get the eye shadow palette and I love the look of Mirana x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shades x

    Millie x
    Queenmillie.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this collection :) the palette looks bomb and the packing is so cool x

    Creepers & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That eyeshadow palette looks insane! x
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This collection looks amazing! Your photos are beautiful too, thanks for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seriously dying over this eyeshadow palette, the colors are just insane!

    xx
    ALINA ERMILOVA | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are stunning. xo

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this collection! The pallette looks gorgeous!! X

    www.emilyy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this palette! Two of my friends bought it and I was so tempted to buy it. The shades are beautiful and your imagery has captured them well.

    Amy Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so so much, big fan of the film also and as everyone has said those colours are gorgeous! :)

    Emily

    http://www.thebrookeoffashion.com/

    X

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig